1. Materials Supervisor
Barley and Malt are the principal raw materials used in the manufacture of beer and East African Maltings Limited has the strategic role of providing competitively priced brewing raw materials to meet EABL supply requirements.
East African Maltings intent is to support both EABL Supply and Demand’s strategic activities, protect the quality of our brands, support innovation and creation of competitive advantage for the EABL group within the Eastern African Region. Stores is operating several processes from ordering, receipting, stores management and issuing. The role works closely with the Material Stores Manager, Stocks Accountant, Shift teams, approved EAML haulers, Suppliers etc
Production/Raw material – Ksh. 1 billion Engineering spares – Kshs.100 million
The economy is in recession and is fraught with myriad of economic problems like collapsed infrastructure, high interest rates, unstable and fluctuating currency, and legislature. The supply market is complex and volatile due to liberalization, monopoly in some of the products we purchase and entrance of competition for some materials we are buying.
This position works within the Finance team and has responsibility of overseeing stores operations, interacting with cross-functional teams both internally and externally to the EAML.
Purpose of Role
To support effective and efficient operations through tight inventory control and dealing with risks to inventory
- Preparation, participation and follow up of regular stock counts in accordance with the stock counting procedures. This includes preparation of stores ahead of stock count, printing and distribution of count sheets, reconciliation of physical to book stock and investigation and follow up of variances.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of movements and transactions by regularly reviewing suitable reports. Reports, frequency and ownership are defined in the stores’ procedures.
- Maintain stores in accordance with EABL stores procedures, Diageo Physical Security Policy, Diageo Quality Policy, Diageo Risk Standards and CARM.
- Daily review of stores to confirm cleanliness of stores and proper arrangement of spares according to 5S.
- Operating the weighbridge, Sales Order Processing to customers and intercompany sales.
- Maintaining optimum stocks, with minimum stockholding costs, without compromising on production and maintenance processes.
- Manage receipt, maintenance and issue of all stores inventory in SAP and real-time (same day) processing.
- Ensure that quantities and quality delivered by suppliers fulfil the contractual commitment on purchase orders at the point of receipt.
- Issue goods rejection notes for nonconforming materials/goods delivered and making sure suppliers collect the goods for replacement or issue credit note.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- A degree or higher diploma in a business-related course
- 2 years Inventory Management experience preferably in FMCG industry.
- Graduate Diploma in Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (an added advantage)
- SAP knowledge and high computer literacy
Apply Via https://diageo.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Diageo_Careers/job/Molo-Kenya/Materials-Supervisor_JR1048935-1?utm
2. Commercial Performance Analyst
About the role
This role is located within the Demand Sales business. The Commercial Performance Analyst role will be critical to the overall KBL short, medium and long term strategy in developing and driving our spirits and RTC strategy and operational excellence within retail outlets and distributors.
The job holder works closely with the Commercial Performance Manager – RTC & Spirits, Head of Spirits and RTC, Regional Spirits and RTC Development Managers.
Management of the Sales teams and sales tools to assure return on EABL’s investment through volume and NSV growth.
KBL demand has 96% volume share of beer market and 52% volume share for Spirits. KBL demand is the No.1 FMCG Company in Kenya and also markets UDV brands. KBL operates in a very competitive environment that has seen the entrant of new players in the total alcohol category. This necessitates the need for pro-active business approach. The national distribution structure within the Kenyan alcohol market is key to KBL delivery of both volume growth and market share.
Market situation is changing rapidly due to the economic situation, declining disposable incomes, County Government legislation on Alcohol and opening up of the economic trading blocks allowing in flow of products from other markets. Consumers are becoming more sophisticated in the choice of drinks offered in the market. This requires proactive selling to maximise company market share and value share. Trade is evolving and being more sophisticated especially at retail level.
Purpose of the Role
The Commercial Performance Analyst will be responsible for collecting, compiling and analyzing sales and related data and providing valuable feedback and actionable insights to guide the various spirit and RTC strategy initiatives within the company
- Data management
- Reviews the data changes processes to ensure compliance with business process and highlight any deviation for actions by the Commercial Performance Manager – RTC & Spirits
- Defines the structure of any additional data sets required to complete analysis of a given business problem, collects and cleanses the data for analysis
- Support with data quality assurance and data cleansing of existing data sets for analysis
- Performance Reporting
- On an ongoing and ad hoc bases reports on and verifies daily, Weekly and monthly Key performance Indicators (KPI) are updated based on the spirits & RTC team needs
- Identifying and understanding performance trends, assessing performance against targets and highlights opportunities
- Analytics capability support for the divisional distributor super user network
- Process and analyze large datasets, producing clear findings and recommendations
- Dashboard Automation and Change Management
- Gathering and refining of requirements to build dashboards that address Spirit & RTC teams business needs
- Develops tests and trains the team to navigate and generate insights from the dashboard developed
- Develops a business case on any additional enhancements that are not within the current system capabilities.
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on enhancement build in the existing systems (DMS, Trax, CPM,)
Qualifications and Experience Required
- A business-related degree or equivalent.
- Advanced MS Excle and MS SQL skills
- 2 years’ experience in analytics or sales role
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to follow defined business processes.
- Ability to manage and monitor data quality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to influence