1. Strategic Activities Fund (SAF) Manager
Responsibilities of the SAF Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and manage the full award cycle for SAF subawards and USAID/Kenya KIWASH’s required cost share, including conducting market research, ensuring technical requirements are accurately captured in the solicitations, responding to questions, organizing and leading technical evaluation committee and cost reasonableness reviews, preparing approval documents, assisting technical leads with implementation management, ensuring monitoring and evaluation and learning agenda requirements are captured in subawards, providing capacity building support to non-traditional and underutilized partners in subaward administration, and ensuring proper subaward closeout.
- With the Market-based Sanitation Team (MBS), design challenge and innovation grants and awards to source local solutions to address specific WASH market barriers/challenges.
- Development of the SAF with the input and oversight of the COP, Research and Development Lead, Finance and Administration Director, and RTI’s Contracts Office.
- Oversees SAF subaward management process & subcontracts for local organizations, including SAF proposal tracking, review, and approval process.
- Maintains robust financial management filing system for SAF and cost share and ensures audit trail for all necessary SAF and cost share documentation.
- Ensures timely financial disbursements and compliance with SAF financial management policies, monitors all SAF expenses, and provides regular updates on SAF subaward status.
- Keeps the relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities.
- Oversees the job of invoicing, accounting, reporting, and other administrative functions to ensure successful execution of SAF and cost share processes.
- Regularly and consistently tracks cost share for the Activity, including cost share from subawardees and prepares inputs on cost share for reporting.
- Performs other SAF or cost share related tasks from time to time as assigned by Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree and eight (8) years of experience; or Master’s degree and six (6) years of experience.
- Minimum six (6) years of relevant work experience in finance, grants, and/or procurement management.
- Experience with USAID or other international donor agency regulations required.
- Experience with international non-profit organizations preferred.
- Experience in grant and subcontract learning and knowledge management.
- Must be proficient in English and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Should exhibit excellent organizational and have the ability to work under difficult circumstances with limited resources and ability to form productive relationships with host country counterparts and training institutions.
- Must have strategic thinking and planning ability and possess dependability, reliability, and high integrity.
- Flexibility to occasionally work outside of normal hours and to travel and work in any of the three provinces and difficult terrain/conditions at times.
- Work experience in Kenya required.
2. Director Of Research And Development (R&D), Kisumu
Responsibilities of the Director of R&D include, but are not limited to:
- Set and oversee overall strategy and direction of the research objectives of the project in collaboration with the COP and DCOP.
- Oversee project R&D, SAF investment, performance management, monitoring and evaluation (M&E), strategic communications, and evidence generation.
- Lead the R&D team to design and monitor pilots, contributing to the design of high-quality and innovative research concepts, proposing ideas for SAF investment alongside the MBS team, and helping formulate challenge drives to further identify additional strong pilot ideas.
- Lead project work in CLA, including documenting and sharing learning through regular technical and stakeholder meetings and pause-and-reflect sessions.
- Participate as a part of the senior management team, providing overall leadership to technical and administrative staff.
- Supervise procurement competitions for innovative pilots, oversee due diligence assessments on prospective sub-awardee, and supervise the Strategic Activities Fund (SAF) Manager overseeing the research pilots implemented by sub-awardees.
- Address issues and mitigates risks related to pilot implementation in a timely manner and appropriately adjust pilot strategies, as required.
- Support the production of high-quality, relevant project performance M&E indicators.
- Track and report quarterly on programmatic achievements as required for project deliverable reporting. Produces technical and/or operational reports and updates for deliverable reporting and project success stories.
- Initiate, develop and maintain a range of working relationships, including with civil society, product innovators and designer, county governments, private sector firms, academic and think tank organizations, and others.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years of experience, Master’s degree and 10 years of experience.
- Eight (8) years of experience implementing large and complex projects relating to strengthening of civil society institutions and organizations, inclusive development, and/or civil society participation in WASH service delivery in progressively senior management roles.
- Strong skills in strategic planning, management, supervision, research and M&E.
- Demonstrated experience managing technically, operationally and geographically diverse teams on internationally funded programs, USAID experience preferred.
- Experience designing and monitoring pilot interventions that test market feasibility and commercial viability.
- Expertise evaluating interventions for sustainability and scalability.
- Excellent analytic skills with ability to synthesize data and results for presentation to a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience leading or collaborating on peer-reviewed publications.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, and with multiple concurrent demands.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel and work in any of the three provinces and difficult terrain/conditions at times.
- Proficiency in English is required.
- Work experience in Kenya required.