- Business Development Officer
ICEA LION General Insurance Company seeks to recruit a Business Development Officer whose responsibilities will be to develop strong and stable relationships, attend to quotations and negotiate with intermediaries and other clients to ensure business production, growth and renewals.
- Prepare competitive quotations for prospects.
- Set up meetings, prepare and deliver presentations to potential clients.
- Prepare risk registers for various clients for underwriting purpose.
- Consult on the most effective cover for a particular need, while taking a number of factors into account.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with intermediaries and existing customers.
- Ensure credibility with clients by maintaining detailed knowledge of current market conditions and competitors’ products.
- Manage Broker/Agents social forums to enhance relationships and reward good performance.
- Deliver good customer service by responding swiftly to queries and concerns from clients.
- Maintain a regular and accurate updated database of all prospective and closed business
- Manage exhibition stands and corporate sponsorships
- Ensure strict adherence to practices, procedures and policy stipulated in the business development operational manual including the Code of Ethics.
- Out of town travel to source, renew and collect premiums.
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications required:
- A Bachelor Degree in Business or related discipline from a reputable university.
- COP (College of Insurance) with Sales & Marketing being an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in sales and marketing.
- Appreciable understanding of the Kenya insurance market, the prevailing business environment and products by the competition.
- Good customer relationship management skills (internal and external customers).
- Good communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated but able to work as part of a team.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, self-driven and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Good negotiation skills and persuasiveness.
- Confidence presenting to large groups of people.
- Trustworthiness and discretion when handling confidential information.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multitask and performance oriented.
- Head Of Digital Innovation
We are looking for a Digital Innovation Lead to head the agile development of tech and digital solutions. The lead will be expected to continually raise the bar on innovation, creativity, and ideation in all areas of business within our Group. The position will suit a motivated ICT engineer/professional who loves processes and systems. He/she will join a unique team of highly productive professionals responsible for midwifing the transformation of Group into an insight driven organisation. Highly analytical and data driven, the Digital Lead will drive the Group’s digital strategy including the translation of that strategy into digital marketing solutions for clients.
Skills & knowledge
- Development of digital solutions and products
- Proven ability to articulate a clear vision and get buy-in across a large organization for cutting edge digital initiatives
- Ability to match key business needs with the latest technology trends
- Ability to analyze structured and unstructured data and ability to drive fact based business decision making
- Must be team oriented, collaborative, and willing to passionately advocate and articulate her/his opinion while maintaining flexibility to incorporate others points of view
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural and cross-functional, high-paced environment
- Good understanding of digital strategy and business execution via technology enablement.
- Demonstrated understanding of the adoption of technology and its impact to future operating models and organizational structures.
- Strategic thinker who is smart and creative, demonstrates intellectual and analytical rigor with strong problem solving skills
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on digital development, preferably in FinTech
- Experience with relevant and recent technologies (IoT, AI etc)
- Deep experience with Digital Product Management and Strategy Development, ideally in financial services
- Experience leading value proposition design, market and competitive research, and in leading groups in change oriented projects.
- Proven digital developer professional with strong affinity in customer experience
- Developer in tech startup, innovation team, tech provider
- Data and analytics experience
- Strong experience working with IT Partners on new digital products
Education, professional qualifications and training
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering or ICT, or a related field
Method of Application
If you fit the above profile, please send your application and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing on subject the job title.