1. Data Engineer
This position is responsible for expanding and optimizing the organisation’s data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our products
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL including Oracle and NoSQL databases
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with Azure cloud services: Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, Azure Streaming etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Informatics, Computer Science or Engineering from a recognized institution.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
Skills and Attributes
- Strong strategic and analytical thinking skills;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent leadership and people management skills;
- Good customer and negotiation skills;
- Good decision making and problem solving skills;
- Abreast with existing and emerging information and communications technologies;
2. Backend Developer
These are tier 1 engineers who should be experienced in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise applications. They’ll be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications.
- Designing & implementing applications as defined by various stakeholders
- Analysing user requirements to inform application design
- Debugging and resolving technical problems that arise
- Taking part in PR reviews and ensuring they conform to set standards
- Taking part in various scrum ceremonies
- Ensuring continuous professional self-development.
- Plan, lead and participate in culture events and activities.
- Collaborate with other team members and internal and external dependencies to resolve both technical and non-technical blockers.
- Documenting feature implementation, releases and workflows.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Promote usability best practices
- Experience building applications using Microservices Architecture
- Experience using various message brokers e.g ActiveMQ, RabbitMq, Apache Kafka
- Experience in various SQL & NoSQL-based databases. e.g MySql, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Experience developing applications using modern languages e.g Java, C#, Kotlin
- Experience using Kubernetes & Docker.
- Experience with Spring Framework
- Familiarity with Apache Camel
- Familiarity with OOP principles.
- 12-factor application features should be at their fingertips
- Experience with OAuth
- Familiarity with OWASP top 10
- Knowledge/ Experience in the scrum methodologies
- Attention to details
- Analytical mindset & good problem-solving skills
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration