Overall Purpose: Job holder is responsible for patient health by completing the Nutrition process. The candidate should be able to counsel patients on nutrition issues and health eating habits.
- Evaluating and assessing nutritional needs, diet restrictions and current health plans and screens patients for nutritional risk in accordance with established department protocols and standards.
- Developing and implementing dietary care plans and providing nutritional counseling.
- Consulting with physicians and health care personnel to determine nutritional needs and diet restriction of patients
- Planning and initiating medical nutrition therapy to patients if indicated by patient requirements and clinical protocol.
- Communicating individual nutritional care plans to other health care providers as a member of a healthcare team.
- Calculating and writing enteral and parenteral feeds for patients according to patient’s nutritional requirements.
- Advising patients and their families on nutritional principles, dietary plans and diet modifications, and food selection and preparation.
- Monitoring food service to ensure conformance to prescribed diets and patient’s nutritional needs.
- Coordinating recipe development and standardization and developing new menus for different vulnerable groups in the hospital.
- Counseling PMTCT mothers on proper feeding practices and carried out demonstrations.
- Offer counseling and suggest positive alterations in nutrition to address clients’ dietary restrictions.
- Higher Diploma in Food, Nutrition & Dietetics
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in clinical nutrition.
- Must have a license from Kenya nutrition and dietetics (KNDI
- Experience in Preparation of therapeutic diets and dietary counseling.
- Must have Basic Life Support Course and Advanced Cardiac Life Support Course
- Computer skills and good reporting skills including experience in Health Information Systems
- At least two year’s professional experience nutrition Program monitoring and evaluation in county.
- HIV/ART specialized nutrition care.
2. Clinical Pharmacist
- Ensure compliance with professional and legal practice and standard operating procedures
- Fill prescriptions for inpatients and outpatients
- Attend ward rounds and participate in multidisciplinary patient care.
- Conduct drug utilization reviews and engage in clinical and operational research.
- Undertaking clinical checks on all treatment sheets and prescriptions for suitability of treatment.
- Monitor drug therapy and carry out clinical pharmacy interventions for both in patients and outpatients in liaison with the patient care team.
- Reporting, Monitoring and analysis of medication errors, adverse drug reactions and other quality and patient safety indicators.
- Carry out medication use counselling and adherence monitoring for patients on chronic treatment.
- Ensure institutional compliance with antibiotic stewardship guidelines restrictions
- Undertake medication reconciliation during patient admission and discharge.
- Participate and supervise staff in sterile compounding, chemotherapy reconstitution and extemporaneous preparations.
- Provide information and education on drugs and medication therapy to patients, healthcare workers and other hospital personnel.
- To prepare articles on important medication related updates for publication in the hospital newsletter and patient education leaflets.
- Conduct continuous professional development sessions for pharmacy staff
- Master’s in clinical pharmacy
- Registration with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board with a valid annual practicing license.
- Experience of 1 – 2 years after postgraduate in clinical pharmacy.
- Mature, well organized, reliable and shows initiative.
- Good supervisory, interpersonal and communication skills.
- A team player with a problem-solving mind-set.
Method of Application
send your detailed CV to us on email to: email@example.com quoting the reference number.
Deadline for submission is 30th September 2021.
Due to the large number of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.