1. Supply Chain Management (SCM) Assistant III
KLRC 10 : T
No of Positions: 2
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs. 29,966 – Kshs. 37,456 p.m.
House Allowance: Kshs. 10,000 p.m.
Commuter Allowance: Kshs. 4,000 p.m
Terms of Service: Permanent
Medical: As per the current KLRC medical insurance cover
This position exists to support the administration of the procurement process, inventory management and control for the Commission in compliance with the i n t e r n a l procurement policies and manuals in accordance with the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act (PPADA), 2015 and Public
Procurement and Asset Disposal Regulations (PPADR), 2020.
Duties and Responsibilities
This is the basic entry grade for Supply Chain Management Assistant cadre. An officer at this level will
work under the guidance of a senior officer. Duties and responsibilities will entail:-
- Monitor the movement of stores, determine space requirements and position of materials and inventory;
- Receive materials, examine condition and completeness, maintain security and safe custody of stores;
- Issuing and rationing of stores and making recommendations for disposal of unserviceable stores.
- Confirm all receiving documents; Bill of lading, packing list, delivery note etc.;
- Generate Goods Received Notes (GRN), bin cards, and other relevant documents;
- Receive and process supplier’s invoices for payment, record invoices, delivery notes,
- internal requisition purchase forms and any other relevant document on behalf of the department and attach all relevant documents to support payment of supplier’s
- Ensure proper inventory of procured assets and boarded stores due for disposal and preparation of the reports;
- Ensure that the store is well organized to enhance easy access to goods, efficient utilization of space, and easier administration of the store operations that ensures safety security management;
- Issue goods to users as per the requests in a timely manner to the appropriate department, monitor stock levels and raise internal purchase requests for the stock replenishment;
- Implement the PPAD Act, 2015 and Regulations;
- File and safeguard all procurement proceedings, prepare and maintain stores records, keep custody of and update inventory records; and
- Participate in inspection and acceptance of goods and services
Requirement for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade C (Plain);
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in computer application skills; and
- Demonstrated integrity and professional competence.
Core Skills/ Attributes
In addition to the above requirements, an officer must have the following skills:-
- technical problem solving;
- Ability to articulate, interpret and implement national and international policies and development goals;
- resource management;
- Good Communication;
- Good records management; and
- Report writing.
- Effective conflict resolution;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Relationship building;
- Confidentiality; and
- Ability to get on well with diverse workforce
2. Office Assistant III
The role of this position is to ensure that the office environment is safe, healthy and kept to high standards and to provide support services to the Commission.
- Basic Salary Scale: Kshs. 27,209 – Kshs. 32,920 p.m.
- House Allowance: Kshs. 6,750 p.m
- Commuter Allowance: Kshs. 3,000 p.m
- Terms of Service: Permanent and pensionable
- Medical: As per the current KLRC medical insurance cover
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure cleanliness of Commissions offices;
- Assist in arranging for in house events such as meetings/workshops (arranging furniture, boards, charts, stationery and re-arranging after completion;
- Moving or carrying office equipment, furniture and ensuring orderly arrangements;
- Clean the kitchen equipment/items and take care of kitchen items as per inventory while maintaining a hygienic kitchen environment;
- Provide support services, which include distribution of correspondence, dispatch mail to the post office and other destinations;
- Prepare and serve tea to staff and other office stakeholders as instructed;
- Collecting and disposing waste including papers and ensure general disposal of litter;
- Undertake day-to-day errands as may be required; and
- Assist in photocopying and documentation tasks and participate in basic filling of documents.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- KCSE D Plain;
- Certificate in Customer care or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution; and
- Certificate in computer application skills.
In addition to the above requirements, the person must have the following skills:-
- Self-driven; and
- Stress tolerance.
- Team player; and
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to make their applications attaching COPIES of the following documents:
- National Identity Card;
- Academic and Professional Certificates;
- Any supporting documents and testimonials;
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Compliance form from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Compliance certificate from A credit reference bureau;
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to make their applications as follows;
By completing ONE application form KLRC 1 downloadable from the Kenya Law Reform Commission website https://www.klrc.go.ke/index.php/vacancies and attaching the above required documents
Completed applications should be delivered at the Kenya Law Reform Commission offices on 3rd floor Room 321 or submit them on email through email@example.com on or before 20th September, 2021.
The Secretary/Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Law Reform Commission
Reinsurance Plaza, 3rd Floor, Taifa Road
P.O Box 34999 – 00100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any candidate who canvases for a post will automatically be disqualified from consideration.
only one mode of delivery should be applied. That is hardcopy or Email
Joash Dache, MBS
SECRETARY/CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
The Kenya Law Reform Commission is an equal opportunity employer.