1. Business Manager- Agency
To grow and expand the company’s commercial activity that will generate revenues and lead to sustainable growth while building the broadcast and digital sales proposition of Switch TV.The incumbent of this role is expected to have an entrepreneurial mindset,great sales ,research and development skills.
- Manage advertising Agency sales revenues of Switch TV.
- Look for opportunities to grow the business, whether through partnerships or new initiatives, and work to take advantage of those opportunities.
- Owning the partner relationship end to end from initial scoping to negotiation and execution,
- Build up and introduce new revenue streams to the station.
- Build up digital ad proposition.
- Work with Finance department to set up and implement colletion policies.
- Build the awareness of Switch TV among advertising agents.
- Communicate the relevance and differentiate Switch TV to the target audience, through own and earned channel. Maximize coverage through media partnerships with other media owners.
- Understand the requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs are being met.
- Analyze data and generate reports to identify potential for business growth
- Conduct market research and analysis to create detailed Business plans for commercial opportunities ( expansion Business development etc).
- Develop and Implement commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth.
- Drive, grow and training the commercial team.
- Strategic sales direction, daily control over the sales team.
- Colaborate with and coordinate diverse teams (Other HOD, Programming, Marketing, Production and Digital).
- Assist in setting financial targets, budget development and monitoring.
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management and Board of Directors.
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCES
- Degree in a Business Related Field
- Masters degree in a Business related field is an added advantage.
- A minimum 5 years experience working in a Media House in a senior/supervisory Role.
- Broad existing client network on executive level among agencies and advertisers.
- Proven experience of relationship building and client service with agencies and advertisers.
- Knowledge of Kenyan media market, competition, current TV and digital media consumption trends.
- Strong track record of managing and growing teams, establishing systems and KPIs, and driving both revenue and profitability.
- Strong emotional intelligence and a team player – you know how to bring people with you.
- Analytical and data-driven in-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis, solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial budgeting processes.
- A change agent: excited about continuous improvement and not content with maintaining status quo.
- Gritty and tough enough to lead by example in a challenging market.
- Passionate about being a senior leader with a company that is growing.
2. Business Executives
Switch TV, an engaging, positive and progressive national general entertainment channel for young adults with the vision to expand internationally is recruiting. The Vision of Switch TV is to be the most influential platform for educating and empowering the youth to solve humanitarian issues in Kenya, in Africa and the whole world. Established in 2017 we plan to operate a valuable portfolio of news, info and edutainment networks, significant television production operations.
Switch TV is fully owned by the Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS).
|Reporting to: Business Manager|
3. Warehouse Assistant (Internal Advert Only)
The position holder be responsible in assisting in managing end to end warehouse processes: requisition, receipt, storage, controls and issuance.
- Monitor all inventory items and ensure that requisition requests are placed on time.
- Enforce adherence to safe work procedures and practices within the facility
- Conduct daily line tours before the commencement of work, report work progress and setbacks to the supervisor, daily
- Ensure that standard systems are properly maintained in the warehouse.
- Ensure the safety of all materials stored in the warehouse and enforce access control
- Maintain the overall image of the warehouse by ensuring that the items are arranged in order, are properly labelled and housekeeping maintained
- Provide support during physical stock count of inventory
- Organize goods in the warehouse
- Oversee all issuances to ensure accuracy, completeness, timeliness and that all relevant documentation is in place before dispatch
- Checking that the correct quantity and type of goods have been received
- Recording any damaged, missing or faulty goods
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A degree/diploma in Purchasing/ Supply Chain management
- Working experience with an ERP system.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and comfort with continually adapting plans
- Strong interpersonal, communication & presentation skills (verbal, written) and the ability to build effective internal and external client relationships. Should have the ability to exercise tact, courtesy, and judgment in working with all levels of staff.
- Pleasant, energetic, confident, with a positive, can-do attitude, good work ethic, and professionalism.
- High level of organization.
4. Public Health Officer – Dadaab
The Health Information System officer will be responsible for providing leadership for the data management and improving data quality and ensure the same is reported into the County and National HIS while collecting information, to optimize the use of that data for decision-making.
- Coordinate and plan for program activities within a community unit
- Work with community health committee members and ensure active participation of the community in preventive activities
- Contribute to program reporting
- In liaison with community health coordinator supervise mass immunization campaigns, social mobilization and sensitization exercises in response to outbreaks
- Carry out health assessments and provide feedback
- Lead weekly meeting with the CHWs within the respective community unit
- Contribute to the maintenance of a high quality and motivated team of Community Health
- Workers through on the job trainings, coaching, mentoring, performance management and continuous feedback.
- Attend various internal coordination meetings and community forums on behalf of the department, gather and share information, develop and nurture a working relationship with the refugee community and other implementing agencies.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Public Health or Environmental Health.
- Experience in working in a refuge set up or complex emergency situations.
- Experience in implementing the Community Health Strategy approach will be an added advantage.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Have insight into various public health issues
- Should be a team player and culturally sensitive.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets and utilization of the internet.
- Demonstrate ability of proposal/budget making and grant management.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver the Society’s strategic objectives.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.