- Machine Operator
The job holder will be responsible for ensuring that the assigned machine runs optimally in terms of quality and quantity within a safe working environment.
Job Functions Plant & Workshop
- Perform the adjustments and setting of the assigned machine to ensure quality output at their station and reduction of product wastage while upholding safety and product quality standards.
- Prepare all necessary tools, equipment and materials required for the assigned machine in compliance with the approved processes and procedures.
- Operate the assigned machine in accordance with the operating procedures to ensure proper operation of the machine and safe working environment.
- Inspect inputs and outputs for quality to identify causes of defects and rectify to ensure product quality and minimise wastage.
- Comply with all applicable quality, safety, health and environmental standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, BRC, IFS, HACCP, Organic, ISO 17025, SANS 1841) where applicable
- Carry out minor/routine maintenance of the respective machine and ensure that cleaning is done before and after every production run and comply with plant/equipment scheduled maintenance.
- Liaise with maintenance for major breakdown and to ensure that the machines are serviced on time and routinely to reduce plant down time.
- Participate in the actual change over process to ensure the product quality is upheld in the next shift.
- Prepare and submit reports to the Line Controller of downtime and the product quality index at their station with the aim of driving enhanced performance.
- Inspect the quality of dry goods to ensure conformance to the established standards for a high quality product index.
- Minimize waste
- Responsible for volume control on the process control (filler)
- Record all breakdowns
- Inspect Quality of dry goods
- A Certificate in Electrical, Mechanical or Production Engineering
- At least two (2) years’ experience in a production setting in a similar organisation.
- Working technical knowledge on basic machine operations and maintenance is an added advantage.
- Practical experience in use of MS packages.
- Key Accounts Manager
Reference # HR/COM/KAM 2021
Responsible for driving volume and profit growth in the key accounts they manage and on annual, monthly, customer and brand basis as well as manage relationships with the key accounts.
- Area 1: Key Accounts Strategies Development
- Develop and implement strategies and tactical plans for key accounts to ensure sustained business growth in the assigned customer market in line with the overall Commercial Division plans.
- Effectively gather, interpret and utilize multiple information sources to develop customer-specific tactical plans and programs.
- Collaborate with marketing teams regarding strategies to develop understanding of product distribution, placement, pricing and promotional initiatives
- Area 2: Trade Development
- Achieve product availability targets through identifying and negotiating listings and targets for strategic focus brands to drive and maintain numeric distribution by brand category.
- Enhance product accessibility through identifying and negotiating SOVI(Forward Share Inventory and limit Out of Stocks) and achieving cold and ambient space targets by channel and brand category
- Promote product affordability on price by ensuring adherence to Recommended Retail Price (RPP) guidelines per strategic focus brand by channel and outlet type.
- Identify, negotiate, plan and execute activation opportunities such as promotions and tastings with customer in line with national sales plan
- Using the SFA tool to analyse the market in terms of demand and use this information to manage metrics including calls, strike rate targets, outlet expansion, sales volume, profit, and expenses associated with selling products to the key accounts.
- Area 3: Key Distributor Management
- Work in collaboration with distributors to ensure that the key accounts are fully serviced as per agreed SLAs.
- Execute key distribution, placement, pricing and promotion initiatives within assigned accounts to achieve target sales revenue in a profitable manner.
- Area 4: Relationship Management
- Establishing and managing winning trading relationships with the key contacts in the allocated portfolio for the overall benefit of the business.
- Aligning sales functional excellence to changing market demands to the market need of the assigned portfolio to ensure sustained business operations and growth
- Area 5: Team management
- Organize and manage the available human capital within the department through training, development, performance management and proper positioning to ensure optimal productivity and high value services to internal and external customers.
- Bachelor degree in Business field.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in retail and experience with key accounts
- Practical experience in use of MS packages and ERP systems
- Brand Executive – Innovation – Deadline: 15/07/2021
Reference # HR/COM/BEI 2021
The purpose of this role is to support the Innovations Manager in managing innovation and renovation projects in line with KWAL’s innovation ambition.
- Area 1: Product Innovation Management
- In collaboration with the Innovations Manager, drive NPD project execution for allocated projects end-to-end from initiation to commercialization
- Own and manage the innovation case documents for new to world brands and range extensions of existing brands
- Implement and execute project in line with innovation framework governance, project management methodology and tools to ensure compliance
- Closely monitor the project timelines and escalate any risks that may affect project launch timelines
- Drive clarity of all allocated projects and ensure alignment with stakeholders on expected project outcomes
- Work cross functionally to ensure all requirements in terms of resources, timing and budget are incorporated in the projects plan
- Integrate all relevant consumer insights throughout the gate process to support new propositions
- Continuously incorporate new learnings into the KWAL innovation process
- Area 2: NPD project execution
- Work closely with the Innovations Manager to measure, record and evaluate project performance against the project baselines and outcomes and take corrective action as applicable
- Effectively and accurately report and communicate project status, progress, risks, etc. to relevant stakeholders
- Support the brands team in the commercialization of new brands
- Share performance reports with key stakeholders bi monthly clearly highlighting the key performance drivers and interventions required to deliver target
- Use projects management tools to ensure that projects are launched on time, in full (OTIF) and within budget
- Use the escalation matrix to call out any risks (both current and potential) and mitigate or elevate for resolution, support the innovations manage in leading the innovation projects and detailed status meeting that occurs on a weekly basis. Record and minutes actions during the stage gate forum
- Provide coordination and support in terms of development and testing of product and product launch planning
- Coordinate with planning for effective PIPO management as per approved plan for all launches.
- Share project insights with relevant stakeholders to drive for actionable outcomes and facilitate business decision making
- Area 3: Cross-functional leadership
- Drive cross functional collaboration to unlock internal synergies and achieve project success
- Identify and establish stakeholder partnerships for successful project execution
- Influence & inspire the cross-functional project team to deliver the assigned projects in support of the overall business ambition
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a business-related field.
- Membership to a relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in FMCG, with 2 years managing new product launches
- Experience in Project management and commercialization of new products
- Store Clerk (Materials) – Deadline: 20/07/2021
Reference # HR/SC/SC 2021
The job holder is responsible for optimal materials availability aimed at optimizing flow and delivery of materials to our manufacturing site. The job holder will also be in-charge of maintaining established inventory levels that support business objectives while ensuring Specified Quality and technical specifications are met during receipt and storage. He/She is also responsible for driving continuous improvements in the area of management of materials under his/her purview.
- Manage raw materials receipt and storage in reference to defined specifications and food safety requirements.
- Planning and reporting on raw materials based on utilization rates, S&OP requirements
- Establish optimized inventory targets, replenishment processes and materials flow to manufacturing site to achieve Production plans, efficiency and productivity goals
- Monitor daily inventory levels (raw materials, WIP, consumables etc) and maintain direct communication with key internal stakeholders ensure sufficient stock is available to manufacture scheduled product
- Categorize materials received into batches and shelf-life dates to assure proper traceability and stock control
- Liaison with Procurement, user department and Quality Departments on quality of inbound materials for accuracy and compliance.
- Manage the tracking and reduction of inventory waste associated with handling of various material and related transfers.
- Carry out weekly and monthly stock take as defined in the stock take procedure.
- Carry out aging analysis of Stock and advise the immediate supervisor on any foreseeable risks on monthly basis.
- Ensure materials received and duly inspected are processed timeously in the system
- Ensure materials issue out / dispatching is authenticated, inspected and issued out in the system
- Ensure warehouse space optimization
- Manage stock reservation/booking for tax declaration on raw materials under Customs control (Bond) on a timely manner within stipulated leadtime.
- Keep proper custody of all stocks and records in compliance with the QMS procedure
- Diploma in a business-related field
- Knowledge in Food safety requirements is necessary
- At least two (2) years’ experience in handling stores management in FMCG preferably in a food industry