- Data Analyst
As a Data Analyst, you will drive our analytics function by generating data-driven insights to guide commercial and operating strategy; developing metrics, dashboards, and statistical analyses; and helping to shape our overall vision & strategy.
What You Will Do
- Build models to identify trends, forecast performance, and identify improvements to company strategy, products, and operations
- Design and run data analyses to guide decision-making
- Design and prepare company dashboards and other key stakeholder reporting
- Design and develop automation tools to streamline day-to-day activities
- Identify and coordinate data infrastructure improvements with the software team
- Enable the success of KOKO Team Members by supporting them in accessing, understanding, and utilizing data
- Ensure consistency, accuracy, and overall integrity of business metrics
- Develop and maintain business intelligence documentation, training materials, best practices, and overall data toolkit
What You Will Bring to KOKO
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or Economics (Master’s degree a plus)
- 4+ years of experience in data analysis, consulting, finance, or other quantitatively rigorous role
- Proficiency with Tableau or DOMO, in addition to SQL, Excel, and statistical methods
- Ability to balance priorities, clarify stakeholder requirements, pay keen attention to detail, and generally keep deliverables on schedule
- Ability to communicate technical details clearly and concisely to management & external stakeholders
- A curious mind and a passion for problem-solving, data, and analytics
- Comfort in a fast-paced, growth-stage start-up environment
- Devops & Python Engineer
In this position on the software engineering team, you’ll have the opportunity to scale KOKO’s systems and ensure they run smoothly. KOKO’s suite of products spans multiple technical domains and disciplines in software and hardware, and so experience in end-to-end systems thinking across distributed components is key for this role.
What you will do
- Work on the platform design, implementation and operations of KOKO cloud services hosted in AWS
- Design and implement the deployment pipeline KOKO applications
- Establish and implement administrative and operational best practices for the engineering team
- Troubleshoot any part of supported services when needed
- Design or improve processes as needed to optimize performance and cost of our infrastructure
- Design and implement solutions for monitoring and alerting
- Automate routine tasks enabling other teams to work more effectively
- Evangelize and advocate for reliability practices
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to support services before they go live
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless post-mortems
- Oversee planned outages, and assist with major upgrades to ensure minimum downtime
- Ensuring systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats.
- Work with software developers to ensure that the development follows established processes.
- Participate in building the engineering culture at KOKO.
- Monitor and measure customer experience and KPIs.
What You Will Bring to KOKO
- Strong all-round skills working with Linux based systems
- Two or more years of experience with managing cloud-based infrastructure (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Advanced knowledge of one or more infrastructure components (e.g. networking, cloud services, orchestration tools, containerization, compute, and storage systems)
- Experience with cloud monitoring tools
- Strong expertise with containerisation.
- Configuration and managing databases like PostgreSQL, DynamoDB.
- Experience with source control and continuous integration tools (We use GIT and Jenkins)
- Worked in an Agile multi-functional team
- Thrive in an environment that requires you to partner with multiple cross-functional teams as stakeholders/customers
- Great oral and written communication skills
What We Offer
- Competitive salary plus a quarterly cash bonus
- Annual compensation reviews – we reward great work
- Discounted health insurance with no-cost financing for you and your dependents (in Kenya)
- 21 days of annual leave plus public holidays plus examination leave
- Ongoing investment in you and your skills, incl. full access to over 5,000 online courses
- The right equipment for the job – a choice of MacBook, Windows, or Linux laptop