1. Manager Scoping & Advisory Services
This position is leading the scoping efforts to identify country opportunities in line with LG’s new country blueprint, Minimum Viable Opportunity (MVO), and Minimum Viable Product (MVP) as well as advisory efforts in the initial stage of expansion.
Skills and Competencies
- Government relations & engagement, Negotiation skills, knowledge of African governments operations & systems, Partnership management, Stakeholder engagement, strategic thinking, structured communication/ presentation, project management and broad networking capacity.
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences/Public Health with 13 years relevant experience.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities based on set criteria.
- Assess and determine if the opportunity meets LG’s Minimum Viable Opportunity, Minimum Viable Product and DESC (Digitally Enabled, Equipped, Supervised, Compensated) requirements for digitized community health approach.
- Support the Director to develop recommendations, initial program design, and roadmaps for selected countries for presentation at Steering Committee and Board.
- Oversee and Manage initial phases of the new country blueprint including management of consultants; engagement and coordination of in-country key stakeholders and oversee the delivery of defined scope of work.
- Provide technical input to assess the enabling environment, country maturity as well as any local assessments.
- Support government engagement in scoping countries.
- Oversee advisory services in new country expansion.
- Recruit, manage and onboard consultants and ensure they are fully aligned with LG strategy.
2. Senior DevOps Engineer
DevOps Engineer will take the ownership of deploying product updates, identifying production issues and implementing integrations that meet stakeholders needs. Being part of tech team, you will evaluate existing applications and platforms, give recommendations for enhancing performance via gap analysis, identifying the most practical alternative solutions and assisting with modifications. You will maintain the routine application maintenance tasks accomplished via strategy-building techniques. DevOps Engineer will also help create requirements and procedures for implementing routine maintenance, troubleshooting existing information systems for errors and resolving those errors.
- Utilize various open source technologies
- Use various tools to orchestrate solutions i.e. Continuous Integration Tools
- Build independent web-based tools, microservices and solutions
- Write scripts and automation using Bash/Java/Python
- Implement integrations requested by software engineering team
- Deploy updates and fixes
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve deployment cycle
- Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Develop scripts to automate visualization
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Configure and manage data sources RDBS and noSQL
- Understand how various systems work
- Understand how IT operations are managed
- Manage source control including SVN and GIT
- Maintain team and project management tools such as Agile Manager or Agile Bench
- BSc or MS in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- 4-6 years of experience in managing Linux based infrastructure
- 4 years of experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- 2+ years of hands-on experience of AWS, Docker and Elasticsearch
- Demonstrable experience of continuous integration tools like Bamboo or Jenkins
- Good knowledge of shell scripting or Java or Python
- Proven expertise in Kubernetes, Selenium and Ansible
- Working knowledge of databases both RDBS and noSQL
- Problem-solving attitude
- Team spirit and team player
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Good time-management skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
3. Request for Proposals (RFP) Kisumu County Community Health Program Evaluation: Evaluation Design & Baseline Implementation Oversight, Analysis and Report
The strategic direction Living Goods is taking is to build the capacities of National and County Governments on Community Health. This is done by leveraging digital technology for service delivery as well as community health systems strengthening. Findings of this study will be used to develop policy on investment in digital technology for community health. It will, identify gaps and best practices, and help mobilize stakeholders in addressing challenges in implementing community health programs.
Section II: Purpose and objective of the research
To assess the impact of a community health program leveraging Digitally-Equipped-Supervised-and-Compensated (DESC) community health workers model to increase knowledge on best practices and improve maternal and child health outcomes. Anticipated outcomes of the collaboration between Kisumu County and Living Goods include; a strengthened community health system which will result in improved reproduction maternal, newborn and children health (RMNCH) outcomes. Therefore, the research study will seek to establish the impact of the implementation of the DESC community health volunteer program on RMNCH outcomes. The evaluation includes a community health system strengthening component, household survey to assess impact and cost effectiveness.
To assess impact, household surveys will be conducted at 3-time points; baseline, Midline (month 12) and Endline (month 24). In addition, the surveys will gather views from the community on healthcare, health seeking behaviors, health problems, barriers faced in utilization of health services and community utilization CHV services by the community.
The other objectives are: –
- To assess the trends in utilization of maternal and child health services before and after the intervention.
- To determine factors associated with utilization of maternal and child community health services.
- To determine the changes in health seeking behaviour of caregivers of under-5 for iCCM and women for maternal health services.
- Assess cost effectiveness of the DESC intervention.
- To measure changes maternal and child health outcomes following the intervention.
- To delineate challenges and best practices in providing technical assistance to counties in Kenya – best practices in digital health (opportunities and lessons of implementing the community health system leveraging on digital technology).
Studies have shown that many community-based projects have led to better maternal and child outcomes due to more enhanced service delivery by CHVs. Nonetheless, there are limited studies on the impact of community health programs leveraging digital technology. Digital health is still a novel approach in community healthcare. However, several pilots do not scale due to lack of sustainable financing and limited stakeholder support.
Effective community health services can lead to provision of quality and timely basic health care services. This will in turn lead to an improvement in maternal and child health outcomes. However, community health programs face challenges that include performance management of community health workers as well as getting quality real-time data to support data-driven decision making.
With the premise that community health systems will be strengthened, Kisumu County entered a bilateral partnership with Living Goods, a non-governmental organization based in Nairobi, Kenya which applies digital decision-support tools to improve the performance supervision of CHVs. Specifically, LG will provide technical assistance to Kisumu County based on over 10 years of experience in supporting community health programs in Uganda and Kenya that leverage digital technology. Additionally, Kisumu will provide county health services including community health services. By leveraging a digitally enabled Community Health Program, families will have higher access to timely and quality maternal, newborn, and child healthcare services. This will ultimately improve maternal, newborn and child health outcomes.
Living Goods aims to provide technical assistance to Kisumu County on digital community health applications. Living Goods will provide the technology and continuously build the capacity of the county to support the digital system. CHVs equipped with a Smartphone and the Smarthealth application will offer services guided by the application. Supervisors will make supervision visits and coach CHVs guided by the Supervisor application. Data collected using the applications will be visualized on a real-time basis. This will enable the Sub County Health Management Team (SCHMT) to make decisions based on data. The study will provide knowledge on best practices as well as evidence on effectiveness of community health programs leveraging digital technology.
Section III: Scope of Research Design, Timelines, Deliverables and Budget
Study Design and Sampling
The research consultant will prepare a relevant and detailed study design, rationale for design, sampling strategy and sample calculations at the proposal stage for assessment by Living Goods. The design should be robust enough to demonstrate the impact of the community health program across the county. The consultant should include a recommended design for the entire study. The feasible design in this case is a two-stepped wedge cluster non-randomized trial. In addition, cost effectiveness analysis and process evaluation will be conducted alongside the impact evaluation.
The key area of focus will include: –
- Study protocol Development
- Develop study aims, research questions and objectives.
- Develop the study methodology.
- Develop an approach on cost effectiveness analysis.
- Support the systematic selection of areas for programme and research sites including making recommendations on the inclusion and exclusion criteria.
- Develop the data collection tools, quality monitoring and control, and data collection approaches.
- Develop a data analysis plan.
- Ethical Review and Approval
- The research consultant will be responsible for designing and seeking ethical approval from a Kenya approved ethical review board and approval from the National Commission for Science, Technology and Innovation (NACOSTI).
- Design of validation approaches
- Test the quantitative and qualitative data collection tools.
- Develop a data audit and feedback mechanisms to ensure high quality data capture and continued improvement.
- Data collection
- Recruit and contract research assistants.
- Develop a data collection methodology and tool training guide for research assistants.
- Train the research assistants on data collection and protocols.
- Develop a work plan for data collection according to the methodology prescribed.
- Monitor and support Quality Control during data collection.
- Data analysis and reports
- Impact data analyses and report; baseline, midline and endline.
- Process evaluation and report
- Cost effectiveness analyses and report
- Dissemination, documentation, and publication
- Support in dissemination and buy-in from relevant stakeholders.
- Identify the possible publications for the study.
4. Dashboards Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Dashboard Engineer to lead the development of data systems (Data, Dashboards and Analytics) with proven experience in creating enterprise level systems dashboards using various technology and data sources. You will discover ways to organise, store and analyse data with attention to security and confidentiality.
A great dashboards engineer is able to fully grasp the complexity of data management. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of databases and data analysis procedures. The goal is to ensure that informative dashboards that drive action are available to various stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Software Engineering, IT, computer science ,Data science or related field
- Proven experience and strong knowledge with modern dashboard design and creation using Superset, Tableau, PowerBI etc
- Strong proficiency in query and reporting tools as well as MSSQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and CouchDB database technologies
- Comfortable with advanced analytics tools such as Advanced SQL, Pandas, R etc
- Scripting proficiency in python etc. an added advantage.
- Some Linux skills
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Create dashboards, automated reports, report templates and presentations by analyzing Living Goods and Partner data using platforms such Klipfolio, Superset, Tableau etc.
- Influence organization decisions through state-of-the-art analytics and helping our partners to identify understandable, actionable, data-driven insights and quickly identify key themes from their data.
- Work with other health teams and designers to understand, clarify and document partner data analysis and reporting needs. Provide guidance and insight on data visualization options for dashboard design.
- Work with the support and M&E teams to enhance data collection structures and procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Building/developing component-based web apps to integrate multiple sources of metrics / tools
- Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis with attention to all technical aspects
- Monitor and analyse information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.)
- Ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications.
Apply Via https://livinggoods.org/careers/?utm