Our hospital is an outpatient facility based in Lodwar Turkana County offering outpatient services among them the dental services. We are looking to add to our dental team a registered dentist who will be tasked with diagnosing and treating problems with a patient’s teeth, gums, and related parts of the mouth. They will also provide advice and provide instruction on taking care of teeth and gums and on diet choices that affect oral health.
- Diagnosing common oral health conditions, treating, prescribing and referring
- Providing dental care; removing decay from teeth and fill cavities, repairing cracked or fractured teeth and removing teeth, straightening teeth to correct bite issues and placing sealants or whitening agents on teeth
- Administer anesthetics to keep patients from feeling pain during procedures
- Caring out minor oral and maxillofacial surgery; prosthetics, and conservative dentistry;
- Writing prescriptions for antibiotics or other medications
- Examining X rays of teeth, gums, the jaw, and nearby areas for problems
- Making models and measurements for dental appliances, such as dentures, to fit patients
- Teaching patients about diet, flossing, use of fluoride, and other aspects of dental care
To be considered for this role one must have:
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (DS) degree or any other equivalent qualification from an Institutions recognized by Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in active practice dentistry
- Be registered by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board with a good professional standing
- Computer literate with the ability to operate modern machinery
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Reporting to the Hospital Manager, the successful candidate will provide administrative support to achieve timely and efficient management of reception operations.
- Receive and welcome clients to the hospital and conduct triage at the front office
- Schedule appointments for clients for general and specialized services
- Operate phone and receive correspondence on behalf of the hospital
- Handle all hospital’s enquiries and complaints in an effective manner in consultation with the administration.
- Handle, sort and respond to the general inquiries.
- Receive, issue receipts and register all payments from clients
- Handle and manage all patient files and records
- Guide new clients on the service process
- Conduct follow-ups for clients with appointment and return dates.
- Diploma in a business-related course.
- Three (3) years of appropriate experiences in Front Office/ Reception operations.
- Good customer service and people skills.
- Self-motivated and a team player.
- Pleasant personality.
- Excellent communication skills
Method of Application
- Interested candidates are requested to fill and submit the online application form on; https://lodwarhillshosp.org/job-openings/ • Ensure to upload all your certificates and CV. OR
- Submit your application on email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kindly Note we are the recruiting hospital and as such have not engaged any recruiting agency to help with this. We also do not charge any fees in the course of our recruitment.
Closing on: Jul 31, 2021