1. Finance Officer III
The Job holder is responsible for performing Finance and Accounts roles.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the finance department.
- Preparing, verifying and signing payment vouchers and committal documents in accordance with the laid down accounting rules and regulations
- Daily entry of financial transactions and reconcile accounts. iv. Prepare and maintain accounting documents and primary records such as cashbooks, ledgers and registers.
- Ensuring safe custody of institutes finance records and assets
- Preparing management reports including imprest, expenditure returns and capturing data.
- Served in the grade of finance officer or in a comparable and relevant position for a minimum period of three (3) years.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance Option), Business Administration (Accounting Option) or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Certified public accountants (CPA–K) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution. iv. Been registered with the institute of certified public accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
- Familiarity with PFM Act 2012 reporting procedures and PFM regulation 2015.
- Certificate of good conduct
2. Technical Trainers
- Electrical/ Electronics – (1 Post)
- Building and Construction – (3 Posts)
- Mechanical/Automotive Engineering – (5 Posts)
- Hair Dressing and Beauty Therapy – (2 Posts)
- Preference will be given to those with pedagogy, computer literacy and registered with TVETA.
- Minimum qualification Diploma from a recognized institution and professional qualifications in the relevant field.
- Training experience in a similar institution.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Preparation of syllabi and schemes of service
- Teaching/instructing/demonstrating to students in the area of specialization or trade in accordance with the syllabus. iii. Assessing trainees.
- Conducting practical exercises in specified technical fields.
- Research, monitoring and evaluation of training programmes in the area of specialization.
- Maintain discipline, guiding and counselling trainers/students.
- Caring and maintaining of tools and equipment inventory.
- Initiating and implement income generating activities for the institution.
- Perform any other lawful duty assigned to you by the management.
3. Maintenance Technician
The Job holder is responsible for performing routine maintenance and general upkeep of the institution’s facilities/equipment’s.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain of workshop tools and equipment.
- Keep and maintain an updated inventory of Plumbing, Carpentry and Masonry.
- Issue practical tools and equipment to trainers and students and ensure that they are returned after use.
- Assist the HOD to ensure that all material acquired conform/meet the required standards.
- Ensure safety and security of tools, equipment’s and machines vi. Ensure safety of students at the workshop and ensure safety rules are observed and followed at all times.
- Assist to ensure discipline is maintained by students during workshop session.
- Attend/Administer first aid to minor accidents that maybe occur.
- Record and report any broken/stolen/lost tool, equipment or machine to the HOD.
- Perform any other lawful duty that maybe assigned to you by the management.
- Proven relevant work experience as a maintenance technician for a minimum period of three (3) years.
- Minimum Qualification–Diploma certificate in Building Technology and Construction.
- Preference will be given to those with added certificate in Electrical/Electronics from a recognized institution
- Certificate of good conduct.
Method of Application
Applications comprising a detailed curriculum vitae and attachments to reach us on or before 30th August 2021 addressed to:
email@example.com or THE PRINCIPAL / SECRETARY BOG MICHUKI TECHNICAL TRAINING INSTITUTE
P. O. BOX 4 – 10202 KANGEMA
Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce originals of their ID, Certified Academic and Professional Certificates and Transcripts during the interview. Persons with Disability who meet the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.