1. Public Communication Officer I
JOB GROUP N
(a) Duties and Responsibilities will entail:-
- Implementing the Assembly communications strategy;
- Providing logistical support for events;
- Providing media liaison services for the Assembly;
- Coordinating the preparation and placement of radio and television infomercials; preparing and organizing forums where Assembly policies, programmes and projects are propagated and promoted;
- Promoting stakeholder relations;
- Analyzing articles in the media pertaining to the Assembly and making appropriate recommendations;
- Overseeing development of still and moving photography; reviewing speeches, media briefs and Assembly newsletters
- Sourcing for appropriate media to disseminate information on activities, developing corporate materials and branding, preparing and placing radio and television commercials
- Documenting the Assemblies events through video, photography and press cuttings.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Senior Public Communication officer
(b) Requirements for Appointment
- Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines:- Public Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Mass Communication, Marketing or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer application skills; and
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
2. Clerk Assistant II
JOB GROUP M (
Nlo of Position 2
(Duties and Responsibilities
- Participating in County Assembly procedures, practices, conventions, traditions, etiquette committee administration;
- Searching for fresh information/ facts by consulting appropriate sources like documents or persons;
- Offering administrative services to various types of County Assembly Committees.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by Director Legislative Procedural and Committee Services.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences, Political Science Sociology/Economics/ Public Administration/ Law/ Business Administration, Education or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; and
- Proficiency in computer application skills.
3. Audio Technician
JOB GROUP K
Duties and Responsibilities
- Setting up sound and recording equipment.
- Operate equipment in accordance with the acoustics of the area.
- Testing audio equipment for volume tone and clarity
- Operate controls to maintain correct sound levels.
- Talk with users and instruct them on microphone use
- Making adjustment and testing the equipment and assisting with recording and sound production.
- Diagnose problems ,come up with solutions and repair them
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the Principal Hansard Editor from time to time
(b)Requirements for Appointment
- One year of experience in Audio Management role
- Diploma in Computer systems / skills
- A strong ear for sound variants
- Excellent hearing and an ear for details
- Knowledge of sound and recording equipment
Method of Application
All applicants must attach a copy of National Identity Card
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original national identity cards, certificates, duly signed transcripts and testimonials at the interview
- All applications should be submitted in sealed envelopes addressed to;
Mombasa County Assembly Service Board
P. O. Box 80438-80100
And Hand delivered at the officers of Clerk to Mombasa County Assembly situated at Mombasa County
Assembly buildings near Treasury building, Mombasa before or on 10th August 2021.
Emailed to: Countyassemblymombasa@gmail,com
The Mombasa County Assembly Service Board is an equal opportunity employer, and women, the youth and persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply.
- Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: This advertisement is available on our website – www.mombasaaasembly.go.ke
COUNTY ASSEMBLY OF MOMBASA