1. Marketing and Publicity Officer
Responsible for planning, development, and implementation of all of the organizations marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both internal and external with our partners e.g. insurance providers
- Instituting a marketing management system to achieve the hospital goals.
- Identify and map the target customers (corporate & non-corporate)
- Plan and organize initiatives like camps, seminars, and conferences to increase product promotion participation and doctors’ referrals.
- Organize CMEs for promotion of the activities and services of the medical departments and specialties.
- Organize outreach programs with prospective patient communities.
- Assist in designing, printing brochures and marketing materials.
- Tracking leads mediated through the above CMEs, camps, and seminars, etc. to tap new corporate tie-ups, convert referrals, etc.
- Liaison between in-house doctors and external doctors for patients.
- Compile credible data on competitors / Market Analysis.
- Advice management on marketing matters and trends.
- Help in improving the hospital image by ensuring that clients’ needs are satisfied.
- Prepare daily marketing reports.
- Design, develop and implement new products and services.
- Produce features, articles for hospital magazines.
- Responsible for branding of the Hospital.
- Responsible for recruitment of corporate clients, including insurance firms.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work without supervision
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Analytical skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Client Relationships
- Public Speaking skills
- Creativity, Innovation & Adaptability
Education and Professional Memberships
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in Sales and Marketing or equivalent from a recognized institution
- Minimum of two years working experience in a similar position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
2. Theatre Nurse
REPORTS TO Nursing Officer In Charge of Theatre
The theatre nurse shall be responsible in promoting and maintaining high standards of professional nursing care by providing quality services with special focus on surgeries to meet the needs of patients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessing patient’s status, reviewing charts/file, identifying patient and verifying surgical site upon arrival from the ward
- Take measures to ensure patient’s comfort and provision of psychological support to the patient
- Participate in packaging, Sterilization and dispatching of theatre consumables
- Managing and Communicating patient’s emotional status to other appropriate theatre team members
- Maintaining aseptic /safe controlled environment
- Managing human resources, equipment, and supplies for individualized patient care
- Receiving patients from ward, confirming theatre list, and handing over patients once stable enough to be in the ward
- Managing patient flow in theatre Department
- Participating in surgical procedures as a scrub nurse
- Transferring patient to operating room table, Participate in Positioning the patient on the operating table and to recovery area after operation
- Ensures that the sponge, needle, and instrument counts are correct before and after the procedure
- Institute measures to promote normal body temperature of the patient during operation e.g., providing warm intravenous fluids
- Determine patient’s immediate response to surgical intervention by doing assessment
- Maintain patient’s safety (airway, circulation, and prevention of injury)
- Administer medications, fluid and blood if Prescribed
- Managing of consumable non-consumable surgical supplies
- Timely reporting of any malfunctioning equipment for repair
- Ensuring all patients are charged in relation to the procedure performed and consumable supplies used e.g., drugs
- Monitoring of blood/fluid loss during operation
- Communicating intraoperative information to the respective ward staff including type of surgery performed and anesthetic used
- Report patient’s response to surgical procedure and anesthesia.
- Describe intraoperative factors e.g., insertion of drains, administration of blood, analgesic agents, or other medications during surgery and occurrence of unexpected events
- Taking vital observations before/after surgery and reporting any changes in patient’s vital signs
- Communicating to relevant parties e.g., anesthetists, Surgeons and MO’s
- Assisting anesthetists during induction
- Ensuring theatre equipment are in good working condition
- Documenting any events during surgery
- Receiving and taking care of newborns during cesarean section
- Any other duties that may be allocated by the Management
- Diploma in Community health Nursing (KRCHN) or BSN from a recognized institution.
- Higher Diploma in Perioperative Nursing will be an added advantage
- At least Three years of experience in Perioperative nursing
- Must have Certification in BLS
- ACLS Certification will be an added advantage
- Experience in Laparoscopy will be an added advantage
3. Clinical Officer Anesthetist
Reports to ANAESTHESIOLOGIST/ LEAD ANAESTHETIST
To ensure the patients are fit for anesthesia and surgery and also ensure the safety of patients during the perioperative periods. Also, ensure critical care services are provided to patients as needed.
Duties and responsibilities
- Plan for surgery as per the theatre list
- Review all patients planned for surgery
- Determine the suitability of the patient for surgery
- Determine patient’s safety during surgery and after
- Plan for investigation of all patients for surgery
- Evaluate the benefit of surgery to the patient before they are operated on
- Plan for post-operative care and management of all patients destined for operation
- Manage the patients during the operation i.e. administer anesthesia and monitor the patient during surgery
- Manage all the anesthetic appliances and machines
- Manage anesthetic supplies
- Manage patients post operatively with the assistance of a post-operative nurse at the recovery ward
- Manage patients post operatively in the ward for pain and follow up till they are discharged from the ward
- Review and manage patients in ICU and HDU daily
- Carry out resuscitation of patients and managing them thereafter.
- Train all attached staff and students to the unit
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery with a higher diploma in Anesthesia.
- A minimum of 2-year experience.
- Registered by the Kenya Clinical Officers Council and in possession of a valid practice license.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills with meticulous attention to detail
Reports to THE RADIOLOGIST IN-CHARGE
The jobholder will support the implementation of processes and practices across the organization. The specific duties of a Radio Sonographer include carrying out all routine diagnostic radiographs and ultrasound at the center.
Roles and responsibilities
- To undertake initial patient evaluation, provide a range of diagnostic radiographs, perform ultrasound, doppler and ECHO examinations by capturing images of diagnostic value. on patients and produce high quality images whilst ensuring that radiation doses are kept to a minimum.
- To provide a high standard of technique and patient positioning and ensure that standards are maintained.
- Lead the department Quality Assurance equipment testing initiatives.
- To develop and implement a Picture Archive & Communication system for reviewing images and reports.
- Ensure proper documentation and management of patient’s records.
- To develop a sound knowledge of the equipment used in order to be aware of malfunctions and errors and to report such to a Lead Radiographer.
- To use ultrasound testing to view the fetus in the womb to determine size, weight and/or gender, along with any potential problems with the fetus.
- To maintain daily logs of patients seen and perform routine maintenance of machines.
- Develop and Implement Standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the Imaging department and keep up to date with health and safety guidelines, including ionizing radiation regulations, to ensure safety of patients’ staff and self.
- To provide support and reassurance to patients, taking into account their physical and psychological needs.
- Diploma or Higher Diploma in Radiology & Sonography or any other equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Radiation Protection Board.
- Be a registered member of Radiation Protection Board.
- At least 2 years’ experience working under a qualified Radiologist.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and technology.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
5. Orthopaedic Plaster Technician
Reports to HEAD ORTHOPEDIC SECTION
Working under the direct supervision of orthopedic surgeons. They assist in the operating room, apply, and remove casts, fit walking aids, and perform other support duties in the general orthopedic rehabilitative services.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manipulating and reducing fractures and dislocations.
- Fixing and removing casts, bandages to and from patients.
- Correcting Congenital Talipes Equino – Varus (C.T.E.V).
- Participating in the management of minor orthopaedic and trauma cases in emergencies and accidents.
- Sensitizing and creating awareness on orthopaedic and trauma conditions to the communities.
- Protecting patients and support staff by adhering to Infection Control Protocols.
- Counselling patients/clients on issues regarding orthopaedic trauma.
- Ensuring compliance with the set standard operating procedures.
- Certificate in Orthopaedic Plaster and Traction Technology or Orthopaedic Plaster Technology from a recognized institution.
- Registration with a professional body.
- Certificate in computer operations from a recognized institution.
6. Community Oral Health Officer
The staff will help in the running of the dental clinic reviewing all the dental cases that come to the clinic and providing the necessary therapy or make referrals/consultations appropriately.
Duties and responsibilities
- Examine patients’ teeth and mouth.
- Assess dental condition and needs of patients using patient screening and monitoring procedures.
- Analyze x-rays and evaluate dental needs as necessary including medical history review and dental charting.
- Take, develop, and mount radiographs as well as trace radiographs required for corrective treatment
- Undertake general treatment and care for teeth and tissue problems using specified equipment and tools and established dental hygienist procedures.
- Clean teeth using brushes, and polishers to remove plaque and stains ensuring that sterile conditions are maintained
- Fill in cavities, rebuild broken teeth, replace missing teeth, and remove unnecessary or severely damaged teeth.
- Treat and help to prevent gum disease.
- Provide instruction on dental care and write prescriptions for patients
- Make impressions of patients’ teeth for study casts
- Document patient dental history and/or chief complaints and/or observations
- Document lab procedures and ensure follow-up on results.
- Supervise staff and clinic processes
- Recommend and ensure cost-effective buying of equipment and supplies and maintain proper bookkeeping of the same.
- Keep up to date with new developments within the profession maintaining patient dental records.
- Diploma in Community Oral Health from KMTC OR other recognized institution.
- Duly registered and licensed by the relevant body
- At least 2-year work experience in a busy Dental clinic
7. Oncology Nurse
REPORTS TO NURSE MANAGER
Overall responsibility to ensure all oncology clients have been reviewed and their cancer treatment initiated as per the protocols.
- Assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care to patients and clients having been diagnosed with cancer using the nursing process framework.
- Undertake screening services for various cancers and help diagnose patients early.
- Work with the Oncology team to navigate patients through the cancer treatment journey.
- Support clients who have been diagnosed of cancer psychologically through their journey to recovery.
- In collaboration with the finance team ensure clients get appropriate insurance approval to facilitate smooth treatment.
- Ensure the chemotherapy protocols have been administered as per the set-out policies and guidelines
- Champion safe handling of cytotoxic drugs and appropriate disposal of waste.
- Run survivorship programs to promote the mental health of patients and improve care outcomes
- Run Hospice services and palliation to improve quality of life
- Participate in community outreach programs and creation of awareness about cancer and its treatment
- Give specialist advice to the Nurse manager in regard to the Oncology nursing care
- Champion quality improvement and patient safety initiatives in theatre as advised by the Quality Lead.
- Ensure all daily, weekly, and monthly reports about the unit are timely generated and submitted appropriately
- KRCHN or BSc. N
- Post-Basic Qualification in Oncology Nursing
- At least 2-years’ experience working in an oncology unit
- MUST be registered and hold a current license by the Nursing Council of Kenya (NCK)
- BLS/ACLS strongly preferred
- Compassionate skills
- Team leading skills
- Effective communicator
- Computer skills and good reporting skills including experience in Health Information Systems
8. Renal Nursing Officer
- Receive, register, record, and document patients’ information and present the same to the Medical Officers at the hospital.
- Transfers referred patients from the Renal unit for further diagnosis or specialized treatment from other units of the hospital.
- Provide general nursing services and care to patients in the Renal Unit.
- Ensure cleanliness and tidiness at the Renal Unit of the hospital.
- Support Medical Officers and Medical Specialists in attending to patients in the Renal Unit.
- Administer medication to patients in the Renal unit as prescribed by Medical Officers and Medical Specialists.
- Administer patient care and nursing to outpatients in the Renal Unit.
- Monitor patients’ progress in the Renal unit, document the same for clear patient records, and report the same to the Medical Officers and Medical Specialists.
- Liaise with other healthcare staff in handling patients with multiple or complex medical conditions.
- Ensure that the nursing areas of the hospital are clean and tidy in compliance with sanitation standards of the hospital.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned in the area of health care.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills
- Diploma or Degree in Nursing from a recognized institution
- Higher Diploma in Specialized Nursing (Renal) from a recognized institution
- Proficiency in Computer Applications
- Knowledge of relevant legislations.
- Knowledge of professional standards.
- Registration with the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Valid Practice License.
- At least two years working experience as a Renal Nursing Officer in a reputable health facility.
go to method of application »
DIRECTOR OF CLINICAL SERVICES
Providing leadership in the management, use, and control of pharmaceuticals in the hospital and working with all stakeholders (doctors and other caregivers) in ensuring efficient, ethical, and safe application of pharmaco-therapy in patient management.
- Overseeing safe dispensing procedures and ensuring safe drug use processes (drug administration and monitoring of drug effects)
- Actively participating in drug-use-reviews (DUR) by advising prescribers on rational and optimal pharmacological drug effects and by conducting appropriate patient
- Participating in clinical rounds
- Participating in antimicrobial stewardship initiatives
- Safe and accurate drug preparation techniques (aseptic IV admixtures, High alert drug handling)
- Promoting service excellence and client satisfaction:
- Proactively engaging in follow up of client concerns and timely
- Ensuring efficient pharmacy service flow by managing turn-around times.
- Formulating and implementing quality-related projects
- Reviewing and implementing quality processes and procedures
- Effective stock monitoring for optimal stock levels
- Stock variance reporting and control
- Preparation and timely submission of expected reports such as medication error reports, interventions, stock variance, and client satisfaction
- Serve as oncology focal liaison officer for Appropriate Medicines Use/Medicines and Therapeutics Committee
- Ensure that all biological and oncology preparations are prepared and dispensed in an accurate and safe manner to all patients
- Prepare and implement oncology pharmaceutical services Annual Operating Plans (AOPs)
- Practical experience in oncology pharmacy will be an added advantage
- Bachelor of Pharmacy from a recognized institution
- Registration Certificate and Practice License from Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- 3 years’ work experience in a busy hospital
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
10. Critical Care Nurse
Providing high-quality critical nursing care while observing established treatment protocols
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifying a patient’s specific and critical needs and adopt a care plan as necessary to meet those needs.
- Performing approved therapeutic or diagnostic procedures based on the patient’s clinical status.
- Advocating for the patient’s and family’s needs and proving emotional support for both the patient and their families.
- Setting up and monitoring medical equipment and devices such as cardiac monitors, mechanical ventilators, alarms, oxygen delivery equipment, etc.
- Providing special therapies i.e., dialysis, continuous renal replacement therapy, mechanical ventilation, and inotropic support.
- Maintaining the Hospitals policies, standards, and procedures of nursing care.
- Participating in professional organizations and continuing education to improve technical knowledge and skills.
- Advocating for patients, treating them with dignity and according them privacy.
- Communicating effectively with patients, patient’s families, and all other caregivers.
- Communicating effectively with doctors and other hospital departments for cooperative and supportive relationships.
- Supporting Charge Nurse in administrative roles, monitoring staff performance and staff development.
- Maintaining and observing infection control measures for staff and patients’ wellbeing.
- Upholding statutory regulations as required by the Nursing Council of Kenya and the laws of Kenya.
- Safe-guarding Hospital’s and patients’ confidential information and property.
- Reporting all complaints and incidents to the In-charge as they occur.
- Prioritizing nursing care for critically ill patients based on assessment data and identified needs.
- Providing accurate documentation and proper record keeping of patients’ treatment.
- Provide effective cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Providing mentorship to junior nurses and students
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned from time to time depending on the need and urgency.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- KRN, KRM/KRM, KRCHN, BSc. Nursing
- Must be a Kenya Registered Critical Care Nurse.
- 4 years of relevant work experience 2 of which must be after post-basic qualification.
- Mentorship training.
- BLS Certified
- Excellent interpersonal, supervisory, communication, administrative & customer care skills.
Director of Clinical Services
The registered dentist will be tasked with diagnosing and treating problems with a patient’s teeth, gums, and related parts of the mouth. They will also provide advice and provide instruction on taking care of teeth and gums and on diet choices that affect oral health.
- Diagnosing common oral health conditions, treating, prescribing, and referring
- Providing dental care; removing decay from teeth and fill cavities, repairing cracked or fractured teeth and removing teeth, straightening teeth to correct bite issues, and placing sealants or whitening agents on teeth
- Administer anesthetics to keep patients from feeling pain during procedures
- Caring out minor oral and maxillofacial surgery; prosthetics, and conservative dentistry;
- Writing prescriptions for antibiotics or other medications
- Examining X rays of teeth, gums, the jaw, and nearby areas for problems
- Making models and measurements for dental appliances, such as dentures, to fit patients
- Teaching patients about diet, flossing, use of fluoride, and other aspects of dental care
To be considered for this role one must have:
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (DS) degree or any other equivalent qualification from an Institutions recognized by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in active practice dentistry
- Be registered by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board with a good professional standing
- Computer literate with the ability to operate modern machinery
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
12. Laboratory Job Technologist
LABORATORY OFFICER IN CHARGE
The purpose of this position is to carry out sampling, testing, measuring, recording, and analyzing of results as part of a scientific team while adhering to correct procedures and health and safety guidelines.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Preparing Reagents;
- Examining specimens;
- Writing and recording results;
- Decontaminating working benches;
- Receiving and scrutinizing requisition forms for accuracy;
- Preparing clients for collection of specimens;
- Receiving/collecting, labeling, and registering specimens;
- Disaggregating specimens for processing and analysis
- Performing routine diagnostic tests;
- Dispatching the results for clinical management;
- Preparing stains;
- Performing blood grouping;
- Issuing blood and blood products to Peripheral health facilities;
- Storing blood products according to their requirements.
- Proven work experience of at least 2 years in a similar position
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences from a recognized institution or any other equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians & Technologists Board (KMLTTB);
- Registration Certificate issued by the Kenya Medical Laboratories Technicians & Technologists Board (KMLTTB);
- Valid Practicing Certificate from Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians & Technologists Board (KMLTTB);
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
13. Registered Nurse
NURSING OFFICER IN CHARGE
The major role of the nurses shall be to administer treatment as prescribed by the doctor to patients and clients. They also have a role to offer advice and emotional support to patients and their families to ensure provision of holistic care.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assessing patients and clients and establishing health care needs.
- Planning and implementing care interventions based on patients or client health needs
- Making simple diagnosis and evaluating patients and client’s outcome
- Providing appropriate health care services including Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (IMCI), Immunization, PMTCT, Antenatal Care, and Delivery.
- Administration of medication providing health education and counseling on identified health and social-economic needs to patients and clients.
- Facilitating patient admission and initiating discharge plans in a health facility.
- Maintaining records on patients’ and clients’ health conditions and care.
- Prescription and treatment of common diseases.
- Administering drugs, vaccines, and contraceptives.
- Conducting delivery and resuscitation of newborns with complications.
- Performing simple surgical procedures.
- Referring clients with complex or severe conditions to higher treatment centers for comprehensive care and treatment.
- Ensuring a tidy and safe clinical environment.
- Teaching and mentoring other staff,
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Be a Kenyan Citizen.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor of Science in nursing from a recognized University or a Diploma in KRCH/KRN from KMTC OR other institution recognized by NCK Enrollment Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Specialized nursing training will be an added advantage
- Possess valid practicing License from the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution.
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Team player with strong communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills.
- Able to deal with confidential information and follow set processes.
- Enthusiastic, creative with a friendly appearance.
14. Registered Clinical Officer
Medical Officer In-charge of the Section
In closely working with the medical practitioners, the clinical officer is to offer quality clinical health care to all patients in the hospital.
The clinical officer is responsible in acting as the first line of clinical services and patient care in a professional and responsible manner.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide comprehensive and high-quality clinical services including (Take/review the patient’s history to ascertain the right clinical examinations and treatment and prescription of treatment) to patients.
- Order investigation and interpretation of results for diagnosis and explain the results to the patients and the intended treatment.
- Diagnose and institute appropriate treatment, write prescriptions, and carry out other treatment activities while ensuring that established treatment protocols are effectively followed.
- Attend to emergencies presenting to the hospital and recommend referrals for cases that cannot be managed.
- Ensure that all required observations and vitals, prescribed treatment and procedures are carried out and documented on patients’ charts.
- Create phenomenal patient experiences, including counseling and sensitizing patients through health talks on preventive and promotive health.
- Embrace, learn and develop in an evidence-based medical system in line with Nairobi Adventist Hospitals’ protocols.
- Ensure effective clinical procedures, rules, regulations which are consistent with organization procedures.
- When necessary, arrange for patient referrals or consultations for specialty or higher-level management.
- Participate in outreaches or other activities such as health talks or community programs.
- Handle patient data/ information confidentially at all times.
- Prepare the weekly plans/schedules and reports.
- Ensure that the clinic environment is safe and complies with infection control standards.
- Document all aspects of patient care and maintain accurate and complete medical records.
- Actively participate in clinical training programs, including on-job training and skills building.
15. Pharmaceutical Technologist
THE PHARMACY IN CHARGE
Duties and responsibilities involve compounding and dispensing medicine in a safe and professional way and working closely with the medical and nursing staff to ensure patients get the optimum care.
Duties and responsibilities
- Retrieving prescription orders
- Medicine compounding
- Maintaining patient profiles
- Answering phones
- Being aware of the latest medicines and their availability
- Receive prescriptions from doctors.
- Prepare prescriptions for patients.
- Verify insurance and prescription information.
- Helps health care providers and patients by greeting them in person and by phone; answering questions and requests; referring inquiries to the doctor.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Organizes medications to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities; assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
- Maintains records by recording and filing physicians’ orders and prescriptions.
- Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and departments.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Records and monitors temperature
- Reporting adverse drug reactions and poor-quality drugs to the pharmacy and poisons board
- Holder of diploma in pharmacy from Kenya Medical Training College/any recognized medical institution
- Duly registered by pharmacy and poisons board current practice License
- Supply Management skills, Organization, Integrity, Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, Dependability, Creating a Safe effective Environment, Quality Focus
- Required to maintain utmost level of accuracy while processing prescriptions.
- Expected to demonstrate ethical behavior with emphasis on confidentiality, realization of professional liability and importance of following a protocol.
- Empathetic and compassionate listener as a member of a healthcare team, who can communicate with tact and diplomacy, should be friendly and interactive with patients and other members of the team.
- While dealing with patients, co-workers, doctors, and nurses, should have the emotional maturity to solve conflicts.
- Three years working experience in a busy dispensing unit
Method of Application
Interested candidates are invited to send their application, CV, letter of reference from pastor/chaplain, and copies of certificates on or before Tuesday, 31st August 2021 to email@example.com
All the required documents cited above should be sent as one PDF document (no hard copies will be accepted)