1. Software Engineering Manager
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will play a critical role in supporting the Company’s software development, database buildout and platform upgrades. You will coordinate with an international technology team to keep the Company’s operations running smoothly with the best software tools possible. You will report to the Head of Software and work closely across the Technology and Customer functions to build the tools we use to serve customers in all locations in which PowerGen operates.
This role requires creative thinking about how established and new technologies can make a significant contribution to PowerGen’s mission of building the energy syst
- Making key architectural and design decisions for our software stack
- Working with the Head of Software to ensure that technical software requirements (refactors, testing, etc) are represented on the roadmap
- Managing our internal team of 5-7 software developers and providing mentorship in regular 1:1 meetings
- Maintaining a strong culture of collaboration on our remote team, including using pair programming sessions and code reviews
Required to be successful in this role:
- At least 1 year of previous software engineering management experience
- Familiarity with and demonstrated use of agile development practices
- SQL database experience
- At least 1 web-server technology (we use golang microservices)
- At least 1 front-end framework (we use React)
- Continuous Integration and Deployment (we use Gitlab CI/CD)
- Unit and integration testing strategies
- Proven ability to collaborate across teams
- Ability to innovate and problem solve
- Enthusiasm for working in the field of renewable energy
If you also have the below, it’s a plus!
- Microservice Architecture
- Data Warehousing
- Data Visualization (we use Google Data Studio)
2. C&I Solar Business Development Manager
- Responsible for project origination across the Business Units through the identification and packaging of different market-specific value propositions.
- Respond to requests for proposals (RFPs), developing and drafting project proposals for solar and solar plus storage solutions.
- Build strong relationships with project financiers.
- Responsible for negotiation with clients for EPC contracts and facilitate deal closure.
Project Development and Management
- Manage sales processes and interfaces with various teams (Project Execution and Finance) across different Business Units.
- Oversee the preparation of quotes for various EPC projects, performing cost analysis and comparison with competitor prices.
- Manage client relationships and ensure that their needs and requirements are met during project execution.
- Perform regular check-ins with Project Managers to gauge project progress, ensuring that they are on schedule and under budget.
- Manage the handover of projects to Project Execution teams by streamlining existing processes and supporting them after contract signing.
- Manage EPC contracts with the support of the legal and technical teams.
- Build and manage relationships with key partners across the private and public sectors, academia, and governmental institutions to explore C&I projects across sub-Saharan Africa.
- Represent PowerGen at industry events, identify and cultivate important partnerships.
- Develop marketing campaigns, lobbying and public relations for commercial and industrial projects.
- University degree
- 3+ years’ work experience in business development
- 2+ years’ work experience in renewable energy
- Experience in the energy, clean tech, or utility sectors in a similar role
- Strong proficiency in Office365 or Google Workspace products
- Work experience in East Africa or another emerging market
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluent in both English and Swahili preferred
- Fluency in French is a plus
- Enthusiasm in working for the field of renewable energy!