1. Data Analyst
Our Client, one of the largest in the Banking sector in Kenya is looking for a Data Analyst responsible for turning data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools
- Perform market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comparable
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- First Degree; BSc. in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- 8-10 years experience; proven working experience as a Data Analyst is mandatory
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages, databases, programming frameworks.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills; as a bank data analyst is required to liaise efficiently with upper management and also work with a wide range of partners
- Thorough knowledge of banking procedures, policies, principles, functions, and regulations
- Excellent logical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills, which enable the bank data analyst to efficiently interpret given data
- Excellent time management skills, as a bank data analyst is required to complete several tasks within given deadlines
2. Account Assistant – Payables
Our Client, a Company operating in both Residential/Hospitality Business and the leasing of Commercial office spaces, is looking for an Account Assistant – Payables to assist the Accountant in managing the Companies’ accounts.
- Receive and maintain supplier information including LPOs, Contracts and other purchasing Agreements
- Match supplier invoices and debit notes/credit notes to the LPOs, contracts and delivery notes
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, and recording accounts payable data
- Reconcile the accounts payable ledger to ensure that all bills and payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify and investigate discrepancies, if any, by reconciling vendor accounts and monthly vendor statements
- Facilitate payment of invoices by scheduling paychecks and generally responding to all vendor enquiries regarding finance
- Manage, process payment, submit and reconcile all VAT, Withhold Tax and Withholding VAT
- Manage all the cash accounts through daily posting of transactions and reconciliations of the below accounts as per defined schedule.
- Cash and MPESA Accounts daily
- Visa, EFT, Cheque, Pesapal every week
- Other Cash accounts every month
- Develop and maintain the organization’s asset register
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system.
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledgers to the summary-level account in the general Ledger
- Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets.
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and the accumulated depreciation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant fields (Accounting/Finance)
- Preferably a Certified Public Accountant
- Three (3) years of proven experience in Accounting/Finance is mandatory
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced business setting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Attentive to detail and thorough
3. Director, Information Communication & Technology
Our Client, a very large commercial bank in Kenya, part of the region’s largest banking groups is looking for Director Information Communication & Technology. Reporting to the Managing Director, he/she will direct and manage computing and information technology strategic plans, policies, programs and schedules for business and finance data processing, computer services, network communications, and management information services to accomplish corporate goals and objectives.
JOB PURPOSE and KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide the overall leadership to the ICT Division
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures;
- Evaluate overall operations of computing and information technology functions and recommend enhancements; Analyze IT infrastructure and systems performance to assess operating costs, productivity levels, upgrade requirements, and other metrics and needs.
- Identify emerging information technologies to be assimilated, integrated, and introduced within the company and assess these technologies to determine potential value for the company;
- Establishes efficiency and efficacy standards, providing recommendations for improvement of IT infrastructure.
- Advise senior management on strategic systems conversions and integrations in support of business goals and objectives;
- Prepare enterprise objectives and budgets to facilitate the orderly and efficient capture, storage, processing, and dissemination of information;
- Ensure the security of the information systems, communication lines, and equipment;
- Oversee the development, design, and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer systems and software packages; and
- Responsible for the development, review, and certification of all back-up and business continuity protocols to minimize disruption to business operations in the event of emergency situations
- Develops and maintains relationships with external IT vendors and service providers.
- Master’s Degree in IT, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field
- Degree in IT, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field
- Minimum Ten (10) years’ experience in ICT environment of which 5 should be at Director / Senior Management level
- Experience with Core Banking Systems such as T24, FBE is a must
- Experience in developing and implementing ICT strategies
- Experience in managing administering systems and infrastructure and in managing all business support software and hardware mechanisms (IT and communications)
- Knowledge in:
- On-going trends in ICT in the banking and financial services sectors
- Good understanding of business support services and their related technologies
- ICT based risk management activities
- ICT security systems and controls
Method of Application
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org