- Senior Manager; Credit Portfolio Risk
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Credit & Collections department within the Finance division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Brief Posting Description
Reporting to the Head of Department; Credit & Collections, the individual is responsible for the strategic management of credit risk for all customers through the provision of portfolio-level insight, reporting and analytics; This is through the development, implementation and oversight of the credit risk appetite framework and limits, in alignment with our strategic and financial plans.
- Partner with commercial business units to provide data supported insights on new initiatives to expand current capabilities and/or improve existing risk management processes. He/she will work closely with business analytics, scoring and product management teams to grow the credit portfolio.
- Derive advanced quantitative analysis to make informed credit risk decisions
- Design and development of effective credit risk management models for the mobile lending product
- Definition of a collection strategy for each portfolio to optimize portfolio profitability
- Continuous research and testing to assure effectiveness of the credit risk models, policies and tools in use by the business
- Portfolio monitoring to identify trends and mitigation strategies to achieve target credit risk metrics
- Ensure business and product heads understand and manage their credit risk responsibilities
- Use analytical models to evaluating clients’ credit data and financial statements in order to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit to them
- Analyzing client records and using the data to recommend payment plans
- Assess & report credit risk under multiple climate scenarios
- Generate periodical Business credit reports & market intelligence
- Responsible for management & timely collection of digital product debt portfolio
- Define an effective collection strategy for each digital product to optimize cash collection.
- Minimize NPL and ensure it is maintained at organization’s acceptable level.
- Deliver automation on credit control key processes to enhance efficiency
- Spearhead section initiatives towards achieving department key objectives
- Preparation and monitoring of section budget
- Manage the objective setting & PDR Review Processes
- Manage and grow talent within the section
- Preparation of Management reports and audit schedules
- Driving departmental digitization initiatives to sustain continuous improvement through simplification, automation and automation of processes.
- A Bachelor of Commerce honors Degree from a recognized University. A Post Graduate Degree, CPA (K), ACCA ACA will be an added advantage.
- Relevant professional qualification/Certification in Credit Management preferably Diploma in Credit Management.
- Must have 8 years’ experience in Credit and/or Risk Management in a busy environment of which 4 years should be in a Management level with proven track record.
- Proven experience in understanding on debt acquisition and management
- Proven experience in team leadership
- Demonstratable strong numeric and analytical skills
- Proven communication and presentation skills, including messaging skills, applied confidently and consistently in a high-pressure environment
- Organizational and project management experience and the drive to lead projects to successful outcomes
- Effective networking skills and the clear experience quickly building trust and rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- Manager; Financial Systems & Processes
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Financial Operations department of the Finance Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Brief Posting Description
Reporting to the Senior Manager; Financial Systems & Processes , the role holder will provide lead functional support across ERP modules and Hyperion Financial Management. They will also evaluate business processes across various integrated financial systems to deliver digitization and process optimization.
- Designing and managing the implementation of best in class Financial Systems & Finance business processes across Safaricom PLC and its subsidiaries.
- Providing lead functional support and master data management across Oracle E-Business Suite modules and Hyperion Financial Management.
- Leading the design and delivery of best in class interfaces and integrations to both internal and external Financial systems to support business needs.
- Manage expansion of ERP footprint across operating units through set ups and configuration of the different modules to provide standard system and business processes across operating units.
- Drive delivery of strategy in the Digital Finance Roadmap by steering projects and ensuring adherence to project timelines, budgets, standardization of implementations and seamlessly integrating Oracle EBS with multiple dissimilar stand alone systems.
- Drive adoption of new and smart digitization technologies such as RPA, Machine Learning & Blockchain in the processes supported.
- Lead automation of Financial processes by using various tools & technologies.
- Deliver the foundation for the future finance by reducing manual touchpoints.
- Develop and implement regular system control reviews to ensure master data maintained within financial systems conforms to the business control framework defined.
- Represent Finance in key projects and ensure financial requirements are met across financial systems.
- Support in month/year end closure process ensuring timely resolution of issues.
- Facilitate the availability of all required financial statements for reporting purposes through enhancement of processes & IT systems for review by management on a timely basis.
- Organize regular and relevant training for staff during the implementation of the various financial system improvements.
- Through Global benchmarking, drive attainment of world class Finance Operations.
- University degree from a recognized university in Computer Science, Information Technology, Finance, Accounting or other IT & business-related fields.
- At least one full professional qualification in accounting e.g. CPA, ACCA, CIMA or an equivalent
- 3-5 years relevant Oracle E-Business Suite Functional Experience in a busy environment.
- Knowledgeable in RPA, Python, VBA, SQL and/or experience in any scripting or programming language.
- Attention to detail with good organizational, planning, report writing and presentation and project management skills.
- Proactive, confident, energetic with the ability to work under pressure, to tight schedules/deadlines and monitor and follow up on all actions taken.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with confidence and influence diverse stakeholders.
- A proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.