1. Head of Human Resources and Administration
To lead the strategic planning, development and implementation of human resources and administration policies, strategies, systems and processes; coordinate the procurement and maintenance of corporate assets and delivery of quality human resources and administrative services.
- Partner with and provide advice to senior management on strategies and initiatives for effective human resources management, applicable policies and procedures.
- Develop and monitor implementation of effective human resources and administrative policies and procedures.
- Regularly review the SHAF’s organizational structure, develop and implement organizational development initiatives to align with strategy and business needs.
- Plan, organize and implement programs and systems for human resources planning, recruitment, placement, performance evaluation, learning and development, compensation and benefits, and social welfare of employees.
- Develop and sustain and organisation culture that promotes high performance, cohesion and staff engagement.
- Coordinate and facilitate successful implementation of organizational change initiatives.
- Develop and implement strategies and programs for development and re-development of Shelter Afrique’s properties.
- Coordinate and supervise administrative services including outsourced management of properties, security, insurance, office premises, facilities and equipment.
- Manage the protocol relations with Ministries of Foreign Affairs in host countries to ensure Shelter Afrique maintains diplomatic benefits and privileges provided in Host Country Agreements.
- Develop work plans and budgets for the department.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- A minimum of Master’s degree in human resource management, Strategic Management, Business Administration, Organisational Development or related discipline;
- A Postgraduate or Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in the HR management preferably with international or regional organisations. Five (5) years should have been at a level of management level.
- Solid knowledge of contemporary human resources policies and practices including governance and board process.
- Full member of a reputable professional Human Resources Management, Administration or equivalent Institute.
- Should be fully bilingual in English and French languages.
- Must have demonstrated ability to handle departmental budgets, resources, processes, projects and relationships.
- Must demonstrate ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and work under strict deadlines.
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
- Must be capable of functioning effectively both as a team player and a team leader.
- Should have problem solving, conflict resolution and decision-making abilities.
- Should be an effective communicator with the ability to handle both internal and external communication.
- Should demonstrate ability to identify and respond to risk areas within the department.
- Must have knowledge in use of MS office packages and Oracle ERP for Human Capital Management and Procurement.
2. Company Secretary
To serve as Secretary to the Board and Annual General Meetings of the Company.
Key functions and responsibilities
- Provide Secretarial services to the Board of Directors, Board Committees and Annual General Meetings (AGM)
- Record and keep records of all the proceedings, decisions, and recommendations of the Board of Directors and AGM
- Report on implementation of decisions and resolutions made by the AGM and the Board including the Board Committees
- Provide safe custody and ensure authorized use of the Company seal
- Coordinate relations with Directors, Shareholders, and Governments of member countries as well as with authorities of the Host Country
- Coordination, preparation and final distribution of documents relating to AGM and Board Meetings as well as Annual Symposia
- General planning, organizing and holding of AGMs, Board Meetings and Annual Symposia
- Registration of and custody of all originals of Agreements, Conventions and Contracts signed with States and Organizations, including Host Country and ensuring observations of obligations and rights stipulated therein.
- Lead negotiation, drafting, review, execution and interpretation of Statutes, Agreements as well as Contracts governing the operations of SHAF
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Key result areas
The jobholder’s accountability areas are outlined as follows:
- Provide efficient support services to the Board and AGM
- Prudent financial management both budget planning and implementation
- Provide effective Leadership to subordinates, other staff members and Board coordination
- Enforcement of relevant guidelines, rules and regulations
- Ensure customer satisfaction for the consumers of the services offered by the department
Required knowledge and skills
The jobholder must possess:
- Master’s Degree in Commercial (LLM), Business Administration (MBA), Economics or a related field.
- Professional qualifications such as ICSA, CPS or equivalent and Post Graduate Diploma in Law.
- Advocate of the High Court with current practicing certificate is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in providing Legal and Company Secretarial services.
- Proficiency in both in English and French is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and management skills
- Must have knowledge in use of MS office packages.
Method of Application
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability against the listed qualifications and detailed curriculum vitae as well as names and addresses of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should indicate the position applied for as the subject line of their email submissions. The deadline for submission is cob 24th July 2021. Only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.