1. Dental Officer
Job Ref: TH/HRD/DEN/07/2021: DENTAL OFFICER
Role Summary: Reporting to the Head of Dental Services, the holder of the position will glorify God through excellence in dental and oral health care and by teaching, mentoring and learning with others the principles of general dentistry.
The right candidate will be required to:
- Performing dental procedures, such as extractions, root canals, and filling cavities.
- Correcting bite issues and overcrowding.
- Prescribing medications for dental problems, such as pain medications or antibiotics.
- Giving clients sedatives or anesthesia prior to administering treatments. Ensuring the safe administration of anesthetics.
- Ordering diagnostic measures, such as x-rays, models, and Interpreting x-rays and diagnostic tests.
- Keeping records relating to the oral the health of patients and the treatments given to them.
- Meeting with patients to discuss and treat dental concerns, performing regular cleanings and other preventative procedures, and establish a plan for better dental hygiene.
- Educate patients on preventive dental care and oral health care.
- Apply sealants to teeth and bleach and polish teeth for color restoration.
- Use dental instruments safely to avoid accidents.
- Ensure that the work area is maintained safe, clean and organized.
- Follow standard dentistry procedures and comply with company policies.
- Evaluate the patient’s dental health and prescribe medications.
- Stay abreast with latest developments and techniques in the dental field.
- Work with office staffs in managing patient appointments and scheduling.
Qualifications, skills and knowledge
- Bachelors in Dental Surgery (BDS) from a recognized institution
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Registration with KMPDB and this year’s retention certificate
- Comprehensive knowledge of dental procedures, tools, and diagnostics.
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of relevant legislations
- Knowledge of professional standards
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, professionalism, a commitment to lead by example and dedication to the mission of Tenwek Hospital
- Superb judgment, problem-solving and cognitive skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A committed christian
2. Head Of Security
- Served as a Security Manager for a period of at least Three (3) years.
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminology & Security Studies, Security Management/Administration, Police work and public administration or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Master’s degree in Criminology & Security Studies or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Diploma in criminology, law, security management and police work, police scheme, peace building, police management, risk and disaster management or any other field related to police work/security or an equivalent qualification from relevant institution lasting not less than 9 months.
- Current Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation;
- Six (6) weeks approved security course from the National Police Service or equivalent.
- Must have served in the National Police Service at the rank of Senior Superintendent of Police or equivalent and above.
- At least 10 years’ experience in the National Police Service with adequate exposure in command appointments.
- Certificate in computer applications skills from a recognized institution.
- Clean Discharge certificate from the Kenya Police Service.
- A committed Christian
Role Summary: Reporting to the Director Human Resource & Administration, the Security Manager job exists to maintain safe and secure environments for customers and employees, assets and facilities by establishing and enforcing security policies and procedures, supervising the security guard force.
The right candidate will be required to:
- Ensure the regular inspection of Fire equipment and participate in safety committees e.g. OSHA, FMS (JCIA).
- Develop and implement the fire plan, emergency and disaster plan.
- Carry out regular safety audits.
- Manage outsourced security provider and ensure adequate security for the institution and events
- Carry out in-house investigations as required and regular security audits.
- Liaise with local authorities on security matters.
- Analyzing and submitting security operation reports receiving and disseminating intelligence reports;
- Reviewing tactical and operational orders;
- Developing security policies, regulations, rules, standards, norms, protocols and procedures;
- Monitoring security operations within the Hospital;
- Ensure all security systems in the control room are operational.
- Set goals and objectives of the department and monitor departmental performance.
- Monitor security policies, programs or procedures to ensure compliance with internal security policies, licensing requirements, or applicable government security requirements, policies and directives;
- Planning and coordinating security operations for the Hospital;
- Reviewing reports on security incidents and breaches;
- Identifying, investigating and resolving security breaches and issues;
Method of Application
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please send your application letter with a detailed CV stating your current position, remuneration level, daytime telephone contact number and the names, contact number and addresses of three professional referees to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
P.O. Box 39-20400,
Applications should be sent directly to email@example.com by 21st July, 2021
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted