1. Logistics Officer, Consultant-I Nairobi – Deadline: 19/07/2021
What will you do?
- Serve as service provision manager and coordinate all external logistics service provision activities including bilateral service provision and common services;
- Support WFP logistics external coordination activities and contribute to the definition and implementation of the CONOPS and other strategy documents prepared by the Cluster.
- Contribute with planning and monitoring of transport operations to ensure the timely and efficient delivery of supplies.
- Lead and ensure a transparent and agile communication channel with partners to increase the visibility of services and improve opportunities for syncing consignments.
- Lead the Logistics Cluster emergency preparedness initiatives and contribute to the development of risk analysis studies.
- Maintain an accurate control of services delivered and consistently monitor the performance of supply chain operations to ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place.
- Ensure supply chain operations are compliant with strategies, policies, procedures and controls, and following corporate standards, with special emphasis on quality control, loss prevention, risk mitigation and cost-effectiveness.
- Spearhead the use of corporate order management systems and other information management systems.
- Contribute to consolidation and preparation of innovative logistics solutions, initiatives, and other food systems projects and operations design and planning.
- Contribute to in-depth market analysis and supply chain network mapping to inform the selection of appropriate operation modalities to improve performance in WFP Logistics and Cluster Operations.
- Support WFP Logistics information management and provide technical advice on data analysis and reporting.
- Support the performance management function to design and implement performance and risk management projects.
- Coordinate logistics support activities ensuring WFP operations receive timely support including WFP Non-food item (Maintenance, Replenishment and Operations -MRO resources) and support the Logistics Unit with appropriate inventory management and forecasting of these resources.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise the work of various teams
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency response needs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education: Advanced University degree in Transport Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Business Management or First University degree with additional years of related work experience.
Experience: At least three (3) years of postgraduate relevant professional experience in logistics, supply chain, and/or operations management. Experience in logistics project management, budgeting, cost-to-serve processes, data analysis is a plus.
Language: Proficiency in oral and written communication in English is a must.
- Proven experience in commercial or humanitarian logistics;
- Knowledge and experience in logistics inter-agency coordination;
- Proficiency in using various information management systems, databases and tools;
- Demonstrable ability to deliver timely high-quality deliverables.
- Demonstrable ability to maintain logistics trackers with a high level of detail-orientation. Good analysis and reporting skills.
Apply Via https://career5.successfactors.eu//career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0000168410P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=143326&_ga=2.237543431.682204090.1625655645-1656664934.1625492533&utm
2. Social Protection (SP) and Cash Based Transfers (CBT) Officer – Deadline: 20/07/2021
The Regional Social Protection and Cash-Based Transfers (SP&CBT) team is the first line of support for COs with regards to their SP and CBT operations and plays a key role in identifying opportunities to further key regional strategic shifts, in addition to its risk management and oversight responsibilities.
This position is intended to ensure the availability of dedicated resources in the Regional Bureau to support the SP&CBT team in giving high-quality support on SP/CBT to COs, tracking the advancement of COs on their SP&CBT portfolios, and maintaining good knowledge management and communication within and outside the team.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in Economics, Public Policy, Public Administration, International Development, International Relations, Sociology, or other fields relevant to social protection and cash-based transfers.
Experience: At least five years of postgraduate experience in international development, humanitarian assistance, social protection and/or digital assistance delivery
- Experience in planning, design and implementation of humanitarian and development programmes with relevant work experience at the country or implementation level in developing countries;
- Experience in designing, implementing, and evaluating cash and/or voucher transfer programmes is an asset.
- Language: Fluency (level C) in the English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Basic understanding of the theory and application of food security and nutrition programme within an emergency context;
- Knowledge of issues related to international development cooperation and humanitarian assistance.
- Knowledge and understanding of UN’s role in humanitarian and development cooperation;
- Understanding of social protection approaches, theory, and emerging evidence, including social assistance, social welfare, and social insurance programmes.
- Good analytical, planning and KM skills.
- Proactive, solution-focused and client-oriented.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English. Proficiency in French is advantageous.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the overall direction and guidance of the Regional SP Advisor and the Regional CBT Advisor, the CBT Consultant will have the following key responsibilities:
- Track advancement of key performance indicators of CBT portfolios in the COs in line with the Regional CBT Strategy. Also, track the advancement of the maturity of CBT programs and provide CO-specific briefs.
- Act as the team’s focal point on Knowledge Management (KM), by working with the regional KM team and ensuring high-quality KM within the SP&CBT team (sound document and information management, facilitation of training sessions, etc).
- Ensure sound document and information management for the team and ensure the overall management of the document management repository as per the set MS TEAMS SOP. Facilitate training sessions on file naming conventions, MS TEAMS SOP, and sound information management practices.
- Share content from external organizations internally for discussion, in alignment with regional SP and CBT strategy. In collaboration with evaluation, compile and maintain a team folder of relevant regional and global social protection and CBT research and evidence, including highlighting and sharing significant new evidence/ thinking.
KEY ACCONTABILITIES CONT…
- In relation to the roll-out of the regional CBT strategy, support a regional exercise with the country offices CBT focal points to gather their input on the potential to upscale CBT in their offices and challenges to do so.Support social protection mapping exercises for the region, including tracking developments and providing regular updates
- Support the SP&CBT team with presentations and briefs
- Support the regional bureau knowledge management network in identifying existing content, creating new content, reviewing it for relevance and correctness and uploading and updating it on various platforms depending on the content type.
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities as requested by the supervisors.
Apply Via https://career5.successfactors.eu//career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0000168410P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=143505&_ga=2.237543431.682204090.1625655645-1656664934.1625492533&utm
3. Programme Associate (Relief), G6 Nairobi – Deadline: 20/07/2021
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Programme Policy Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Support coordination of emergency preparedness and relief activities in the WFP operations context in Somalia.
- Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of relief programmes in accordance with WFP policy and guidelines.
- Contribute to developing plans for anticipatory action based on pre-determined triggers and in coordination with humanitarian partners.
- Manage, prioritize, and plan for resources to ensure activities are implemented according to set plans in coordination with other functional areas.
- Review and present project proposals for relief activities to the Country Project Committee and follow up on matters raised by the committee.
- Prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status) and highlight trends ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards.
- Liaise with internal partners to support effective collaboration, implementation, and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Participate in the development of Humanitarian Response Plan- Food security component as well as related reporting.
- Coordinate and connect with local partners, agencies, NGOs, and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners, and national government in the areas of emergency preparedness and humanitarian response.
- Act as point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within the technical area of responsibility.
- Participate in support and supervision missions to project sites to monitor progress and assist Area Offices in resolving challenges.
Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certification in agriculture, urban and rural development, or other fields relevant to international development assistance.
Five years progressively responsible experience in programme including at least 2 years handling food security projects in arid and semi-arid areas.
Proficiency in both oral and written communication in English is a requirement.
Knowledge & Skills
- Good understanding of food security and related interventions.
- Experience working in fragile contexts and emergency settings.
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid analytical skills and capacity to synthesize complex information
- Ability to plan and coordinate.
- Ability to work and deliver quality inputs under pressure.
Apply Via https://career5.successfactors.eu//career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0000168410P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=143209&_ga=2.237543431.682204090.1625655645-1656664934.1625492533&utm