1. Coordinator – Office of Career Services
Job Ref. ZU/10/25/141
Reporting to the Dean – Student Affairs, the position holder will, among other duties be responsible for:
- Connect students and alumni directly to employment and internship opportunities in their intended career path;
- Conduct and organize for career counselling sessions for students and alumni;
- Coordinate and keep accurate records of all career services office activities as stipulated in the Career Services Handbook (Ministry of Education);
- Conduct meetings between various human resources experts and practitioners from the industry and other
- Company leaders and University management;
- Organize student workshops, training and career fairs which focus on career progression, preparedness and networking with the industry.
- Establish a job opportunity site which will be accessible to potential employers, faculties, students and alumni network;
- Maintain a database for student and alumni resumes;
- Promote the office of career services to students, alumni and employers through various marketing efforts;
- To invite top-notch employers and CEO’s from various companies to address students on career paths, create bench-marking opportunities and expose students to job market demands;
- Raise awareness and coordinate issues related to student scholarships, sponsorships and bursary opportunities;
- Monitoring the mentorship and work study program;
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Education, Human Resource Management or related field from a recognized University OR any other Bachelor’s degree accompanied by a Higher Diploma in Human Resources management or Certified Human Resource Practitioner Certificate or is in pursuant of the same;
- At least three (3) years’ experience in career guidance, recruitment or related area in a reputable organization;
- Proven experience in professional networking with tangible outcomes;
- Knowledge of current labor market trends.
2. Administrator – Innovation Centre
Job Ref. ZU/10/25/140
Reporting to the IT Manager, the position holder will, among other duties be responsible for:
- Undertaking a broad variety of administrative tasks including managing the calendar of activities of the Innovation Centre;
- Serving as a contact for all clients, internal and external facing, ensuring needs are addressed in a timely and professional manner;
- Helping users on how to use various pieces of technology in the Innovation centre;
- Manage innovation incubatee lifecycle activities from onboarding to exit;
- Maintaining documentation of projects carried out by the Centre;
- Identifying innovation partners to work within the region and also create liaison links with key players in the Kenya innovation system;
- Making the innovation hub to become an income generating unit;
- Checking for potential opportunities where the University can be involved in innovation;
- Preparing, developing, organizing and safely keeping documentation related to proposals for internal or external funding;
- Checking for potential innovative competition opportunities for the University students to participate in and assist them to successfully participate.
- Coordinating flow of information from the Innovation Center to other Departments in the University and assist in marketing the Innovation Center to all University stakeholders.
- Ensuring all the communication channels are updated as required including the Innovation Website Portal
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in IT or Business from a recognized university;
- Not less than three (3) years relevant experience.
3. HR Officer – Talent Acquisition, Compensation & Reward
The ideal candidate is a character with the ability to spot talent, and can negotiate on the right value proposition to attract and retain that talent for current and future University human capital needs.
S/he must have the ability to influence and drive HR agenda, ability to quickly establish credibility and respect, inspire confidence and build strong working relationships with line managers, one who is proactive and able to work independently, has a mastery of technical HR matters and with an attitude of an enabler of people and culture.
S/he should have the ability to be committed to providing solutions that have a fair balance between employee interests and the interests of the institution.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Human Resource Manager, the position holder will be responsible for the following, amongst others:
- Workforce planning, job analysis and co-ordination of recruitment activities, implementing recruitment strategies and programmes that continually improve and differentiate the University’s employer brand;
- Organize and coordinate “perfect day one” for new employees and subsequent onboarding;
- Advice and design value propositions for new and prospective talent to ensure they join the University and stay;
Management of employee contracts and staff separation matters;
- Process recommendations for promotions in consultation with management and implement;
- Timely payroll processing and management of employee benefit schemes;
- Make recommendations on the reward and compensation structures & policy and manage their programs;
- Budgeting and monitoring the budget for all the processes in his/her section;
- Leave management and employee customer service.
Qualification and Experience
- A minimum of a bachelor degree in Human Resource Management OR a related area;
- A KNEC Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management OR CHRP (K) or be in pursuit of the same;
- Must be an active member of IHRM;
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience;
- Possess working knowledge of the labour laws;
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System requirements is an added advantage;
4. Assistant Internal Auditor
Job Ref. ZU/10/25/139
The ideal candidate is a character of high levels of integrity that is performance oriented, a self-driven professional with good analytical and report writing skills with a keen eye on details.
S/he must be a highly committed individual who is a team player, proactive, customer focused and dedicated to offering service while providing solutions and support in a timely manner.
S/he must be committed and able to go the extra mile.
Duties and Responsibilities
The position holder will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Contributing to preparation of risk based audit plan and programs for the audit engagement;
- Conducting in accordance to the auditing standards financial, operations, systems and compliance audits to complex operations;
- Assisting in establishing a follow up mechanism on agreed recommendations on financial, operational and regulatory deficiencies reported during past audits;
- Obtaining information directly or indirectly through examination of records or interview the auditee;
- Conducting risk management activities within organizations;
- Safeguarding institutions assets by establishing appropriate means of verifying their existence, ownership and valuation;
- Checking that financial reports and records are accurate and reliable;
- Reviewing and evaluating the system of internal controls, assess their adequacy, effectiveness and proposing recommendations for their improvement;
- Ensuring institution compliance to the laid down policies and applicable laws;
- Preparing audit working papers properly documenting the work performed;
- Collating, checking and analyzing spreadsheet data;
- Drafting of audit reports and communications on work performed for review;
- Conducting and coordinating quality management systems audit as per ISO 9001:2015;
- Collaborating and assist the internal auditor through gathering information needed for the annual external audits;
- Compiling follow up reports for presentation to the management.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelors’ Degree in a business related field from a recognized University;
- At least a CPA/ACCA finalist;
- Working experience in an ERP environment;
- At least one (1) year experience in internal audit function or in a well-established audit firm;
- Experience or a qualification in QMS 9001:2015 and / or a Certified Information Systems Auditor qualification is an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ONLY the job reference number ( eg. Job Ref: ZU/10/25/xxx) on the subject line and; indicating their current and expected salary on their application letter, not later than 27th August, 2021.
Due to the large number of applications expected, kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Zetech University is an equal opportunity employer