ABOUT THE ROLE
Kenya Digital Channels and Product Specialist: you will oversee and developing operations of clients products and self-service channels. The client product includes Farmer insurance provided to 600,000+ customers each as an optional product since 2018 and Solar home system to 50,000+ customers. While client self service platforms are USSD, 2 way SMS, Chabot, and Online platform, with over 3 million+ sessions each month with a budget of 500,000USD . Your role will be to improve processes; coordinate with Business Operations departments and other One Acre Fund-Kenya teams and managing staff within the Product and Channel unit with an aim of achieving the top of the notch customer experiences. You will report directly to the Business operations Product and Channel Lead
- You will manage the portfolio of Digital Channels and Products at One Acre Fund
- You will directly manage the operational aspect of your work stream with 2 staff, Client Products Coordinator and Digital Channels Coordinator
Operationally you will be expected:
- To set up each of the Digital Channels (USSD, 2 Way SMS, Chatbots) to offer the best experience to our clients.
- To monitor the performance of the channels against industry best standards and internal KPI’s and SLA’s
- To ensure you have first hand information on client experience through field visits
- To work to improve our customers’ experience
- To prepare reports and analysis for management and suggest recommendations.
- You will help build strategic aspects of your work stream
- Strategically you will work with your manager to
- Identify high impact technology, process or creative interventions
- Evaluate the impact against the cost
- Develop business cases for new workaround and investments for better performance and higher adoption
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience in Clients self-service channels i.e USSD, 2 way SMS, and Chatbot is required
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and financial modelling
- Language: English & Kiswahili are required for this role
PREFERRED START DATE
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.