ABOUT THE ROLE
The Finance Advisory Services (FAS) team is made up of in-country and global associates who are the trusted advisors to organizational leadership teams in the area of financial strategy, sustainability and scale. Taking vast amounts of financial data from budgets, spending patterns and projected work plans, FAS provides concise, relevant advice around how to allocate scarce resources to best achieve the country’s scale revenue, and impact. goals.
You will have 3+ years of work experiences in finance responsibilities (both analysis and financial modelling) to help take the organization to the next levels of scale. You will help lead our budgeting process plus advise our leadership team on important strategic projects through concise and informative analysis. You will report to the Kenya Financial Advisory Services Lead.
- Lead Analysis for our Leadership Team. You will lead projects like: Operational plans diligence, Sensitivity analyses for operational decisions, Cost optimization leadership, analyzing new inorganic growth opportunities.
- Support Frontier Projects – Creating financial models for new business opportunities across the organization that emphasize program profitability and effectiveness.
Budgeting and cost control:
- Work with Department Heads to set annual budgets and manage monthly BVA process.
- Provide critical assessment of all budgets and cost projections and work with department heads to strategize ways to maximize cost efficiency without compromising quality.
- Conduct cost-benefit analysis for individual departments and the country program through examining current spending, market and financial forecasts, and overall goals to make recommendations and guide executive decision-making.
- Present new strategies and assessments to team members in compelling arguments.
- Roll out clear cost-saving programs with timelines and assessment goals.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 3+ years of relevant work experiences. Examples include a rigorous professional work experience in a finance department or financial analyst role.
- Must have experience in financial modeling and analysis with excel (can perform complex functions).
- Experience with numbers and can provide quick, insightful analyses of the stories behind the numbers.
- Experience managing complex projects
- Bachelor’s Degree.