Reports to: Laboratory manager.
To assist the Laboratory Manager in the operations and coordination of laboratory activities
- Performs a variety of technical laboratory procedures according to Standard Operations
- Procedures and Study Protocols
- Performs laboratory quality assurance/ quality control practices
- Participates in Quality Control and Quality Improvement for area of specialty and Lab indicators
- Ensures that quality control data are within acceptable ranges before reporting patient results
- Identifies out of range control values, takes corrective action, and notifies others of changes
- Conducts internal quality audit regularly and initiates corrective and prevention actions
- Responsible for accurately completing records and reports and other statistical information for master files or databases.
- Follows laboratory policy for data retrieval, record keeping, samples, and identification, requisition, reporting and charting procedures
- Maintains high level of competence in GCLP, laboratory safety and standard operation procedures
- Maintains a neat, clean and organized work area
- Plan and ship samples within the country and abroad.
- Keeps an adequate supply of working materials on hand
- Maintains confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential
- Maintains laboratory equipment as outlined in the various operation SOPs and equipment manuals
- Develops laboratory standard operating procedures and manuals
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences or BSC Medical Laboratory Sciences
- MUST be registered by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologist Board
Experience and Skills
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a busy clinical research laboratory
- Experience in carrying out laboratory testing for research studies and/or clinical trials Trained and
- certified on Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) is added advantage.
- Experience in laboratory audit processes is added advantage.
- Must be reliable, self-motivated and self-driven
- Must have an aptitude for technical problem solving
- Must have Basic computer skills.
- Good communication and management skills
Terms of employment
Employment is a one year renewable contract with a probation period for the first 3 months. Salary is negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
Method of Application
- All applicants must meet each selection criteria detailed in the minimum requirements.
- Must include a current CV with names of at least 2 referees.
- Must include copies of academic and professional certificates.
A duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of documents listed above should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 26th July, 2021.