Our Client is a well-established law firm in Kenya and they are seeking to recruit a Legal Intern to accomplish tasks such as doing research, handling paperwork, helping attorneys with projects, taking part in client interviews, and learning about daily affairs in the legal field.
- Help draft and edit the contract templates
- Draft various court documents, invoices, and enclosures at attorneys’ requests.
- The legal intern may also conduct client training, perform legal research as needed, and support smaller projects as requested by the Intel lawyers responsible for providing legal support
- Assist in putting together a standard form of a confidentiality agreement
- Organize legal memoranda and client correspondence.
- Research documents and publications for details that would establish evidence.
- Proof documents and submitted them to attorneys for review.
- Produce retainer agreements, contact letters, and various publications and handouts for clients
- Perform client intake and client interviews
- Prepare motions and interrogatories
- Conduct intake interviews to spot legal issues for presentation at case acceptance
- Observe and participate in client meetings, trials, mediations, and outreach
- Candidate must be pursuing a Master’s Degree or Ph.D. degree in Law or related field.
- 4 years of legal experience which may include internships.
- Previous experience in the following areas:
- Working with confidential documents and under confidentiality obligations.
- Contract formation, preparation, negotiation, review, and drafting skills.
- Identifies key risk areas in a contract.
- Contract drafting and negotiation.