To assist the Library to deliver information services to achieve goals of the University.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Searching and retrieval of information materials
- Uploading items in the institutional repository
- Working knowledge of KOHA software
- Cataloging and classification of information materials
- Capturing data into the OPAC database
- Handling issues relating to circulation of books
- Assisting Library users with locating books and other materials
- Carrying out basic orientation and induction of new students
- Maintaining records of overdue materials, lost books and fines
- Shelving information materials
- Generating and maintaining users and books barcodes
- Processing and maintaining periodical files
- Checking research proposals, term papers, seminar papers, projects, thesis and dissertations for plagiarism
- Assisting in the training of users in the use of the online OPAC and information databases.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A Bachelor Degree in Information or Library Science from a recognized University.
- Two years experience in a busy academic Library.
- Computer literate
- Experience in Customer Service role.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who satisfy the requirements above should forward their applications accompanied by a detailed CV, email address, daytime telephone contact, name and address of three referees. The applications should reach the undersigned not later than 27th August 2021. The Management University of Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
THE VICE – CHANCELLOR
The Management University of Africa
P. O. Box 29677 – 00100, NAIROBI