We are pleased to announce the subject career opportunity within Risk & Compliance (M-Pesa Africa) reporting to the Head of Risk & Compliance.
- The position is responsible for assuring oversight on Information Risk by implementing a comprehensive programme to assess and mitigate current and emerging risks that impact the integrity, availability, accountability and confidentiality of information assets and the information environment in accordance with compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate and facilitate all business contingency planning activities. The person who fills this position is expected to interact with the critical business units and support divisions for the purpose of planning, directing, controlling, and maintaining the Business Continuity Management System.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Review and ensure adequate policies are implemented to manage Information risk across the company
- Provide guidance in the interpretations of current policies related to specific situations as they arise
- Perform risk assessments on new products and services – waterfall and agile delivery.
- Perform risk assessments to support M-Pesa Africa entry into new markets.
- Conduct policy exception reviews
- Coordinate/facilitate enterprise information risk assessments at regular intervals to assess and track the health of information management across the company bi-annually
- Develop and embed appropriate Information Risk awareness initiatives across the business
- Offer specialist guidance & advisory to other business units for timely assurance of key / special projects
- Lead the design, implementation, operation and maintenance of the Business Continuity Management System including certification where applicable.
- Form a “centre of excellence” for business continuity management, for example offering internal management consultancy advice and practical assistance on redundancy and recovery matters throughout the organization and promoting the commercial advantages of managing business continuity risks more efficiently and effectively
- Assist business units with:
- Definition of Critical, time-sensitive functions that form part of the business continuity playbook
- Design, development, and documentation of work area (business function) business continuity plans.
- Coordination of development of business unit schedules for annual business continuity documentation maintenance and update, exercises, and independent review and validation.
- Develop and implement required policies, standards, procedures and guidelines to establish and maintain an effective Business Continuity Management system. As part of the leadership role, will conduct and ensure sign-offs are obtained where necessary of companywide Business Impact Assessments (BIA) and Risk Assessments.
- Recruitment, leadership and direction for a loose network of business continuity coordinators distributed throughout the organization
- Annual BIA and risk assessments conducted in accordance with the annual plan.
- Manage the Crisis Management Team
Apply if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Eng./Computer Science/ Information Technology (or equivalent) from a recognized university.
- Holder of at least one of the following certifications: CISA, CISM or CISSP
- Demonstrated knowledge of setting up a BCM framework and crisis management office is a must.
- Detailed knowledge of GSM and IT Networks is essential
- Minimum of 4 years proven working experience in the operational management of Information Systems / Information Security / Information Systems Audit role or proven experience in business continuity management.
- Business continuity certification training on ISO 22301 an advantage
We are happy if you have:
- Good communication skills and team player.
- Knowledge of Agile ways of working.
- Project management skills, and proven task execution (getting things done).
- Analytical Thinking.
What you can expect from us:
- We believe in a fair and robust interview process
- We have a robust flexible total reward scheme
- Dedicated support and mentoring/coaching
- Opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life integration. It all means you’ll have everything you need to advance your career and achieve your full potential.
Note to Applicants
- As part of our recruitment process, we will request the below documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage of the process.
- An updated CV with a confirmation of three referees- 2 must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field. If the referees are within the same organization that you are working with, you will need to confirm to us that it’s okay to contact them in writing (via email). This also includes all references within the Human Resources department.
- Scanned copy of certificate of good conduct from the CID (Less than 1 year old) – Applicable to Kenyans Only
- Scanned copy of certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) – Applicable to Kenyans Only
- Scanned copy of University Certificate
- Scanned copy of your National ID / Passport-Legal Form of Identification