Overall Job Purpose
The Manager, Trade Finance Middle Office will be responsible for: –
- Support the day-to-day operational activities of Trade Finance unit and ensure trade finance transactions are processed promptly and accurately and within policy guidelines.
- Trade finance portfolio management – both funded and non-funded facilities.
- Management of agents to ensure adherence to the terms and conditions and actively monitoring the underlying contracts
- Support the day-to-day operational activities of trade finance and ensure transactions are processed promptly and accurately and within policy guidelines.
- Portfolio management and daily reconciliation of trade finance transactions i.e. guarantees, letters of credit, documentary collections and trade loans.
- Processing of incoming and outgoing enquiries, instructions, physical documents with clients to fulfil the Service Level Agreement (SLA) standards agreed with internal and external stakeholders.
- Attend to customers’ queries and advise on trade finance – related matters.
- Liaise with both internal and external stakeholders i.e. Relationship Teams, Trade Operations, other Operational units and Clients.
- Focus on transaction execution, facilitating enquiries and servicing clients’ requests, product development and maintenance, as well as reporting.
- Act as control point to ensure all bank and regulatory requirements are fulfilled and post-transaction monitoring.
- Ensure adherence to AML/KYC.
- Provide support to other banking operational functions which include Treasury, Finance, Channels, Customer Service in relation.
- Daily cash flow management, cash utilization, financing limits, margin calls, cash flow forecast.
- Regular reports to management on cash positions, limit utilization, efficiency and analysis of costs of utilized lines.
- Regular challenging of existing credit facilities, verification of commissions and bank charges, improvement of bank charges and costs.
- Monitoring Performance of the underlying contracts for contract related transactions.
- Management of agents to ensure adherence to the terms and conditions and actively monitoring the underlying contracts.
- Coordinating with HFIA in regards to insurance matters such as placing covers and/or claim handling.
- Ensure smooth deal implementation and while maintaining high levels of service quality.
- Identify opportunities for cross selling and referrals to other HFC business lines through developing a good understanding of client needs.
- Ensure customer service issues are addressed to maintain a high level of post sales service
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- University degree in a business related field.
- Master’s degree in a business related field will be an added advantage.
- Professional Qualifications in Trade Finance.
- At least 5 years banking experience in Trade Finance Operations and Middle Office.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficiency in Trade Finance Operations/Project Management.
- Strong appreciation of banking operations, corporate, treasury, retail and transaction banking.
- Analytical mind and the ability to solve problems.
- Flexibility and good time management skills.
- Team Work and Interpersonal skills.
- Integrity and Professionalism.
- Communication Skills.
- Ability to work independently under strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated good planning and organization skills.
- Report writing and presentation skills.