The marketing and communications team is dedicated to reinforcing BCG’s image as a premium strategic and general management consulting firm and supporting BCG’s objective “Shaping the Future. Together.” BCG drives superior, sustainable value for the world’s ambitious firms and services clients globally covering the full CEO agenda. BCG delivers strategic insight, transformative change and enablement… collaboratively. The marketing team plays an essential role in communicating our latest thinking so that prospective clients, employees, and opinion leaders can comprehend and consider our transformative solutions. The marketing team strengthens the BCG brand, advances the firm’s commercial agenda, and partners with management to engage with our key audiences—all by crafting and managing our premier online resources, publications, public relations, alumni outreach, and social media.
The Marketing and Recruiting associate will be responsible for shaping the marketing and communications strategy for the Nairobi office under the direction of the local Partner Leadership and inputs from the global marketing team. Also he/she is in charge of executing the BCG Kenya’s Marketing and communications function in line with strategy set by the Head of Africa Marketing and Communications and Africa leadership. This role will also be responsible to manage key sub-areas such as PR, Events, Internal Communication, Client/Online Communication, Client/Contact database Dynamics and Alumni Relations.
The individual in this role will support the continued growth of our Nairobi office by building an outstanding brand and is expected to contribute to the enhanced performance of the firm by acting as a thought partner for the local partner group on direction and performance of marketing activities.
The ideal candidate for this role is able to build annual and quarterly plans based on overall strategic direction and input from various stakeholders (global & regional marketing, Africa partner team), translate these into action steps, and execute / coordinate execution along these plans in a highly independent way.
The Marketing and Recruiting Associate will also support and or drive recruiting activities and campaigns that the Nairobi office is engaged in both locally and internationally. He/She will be a core member of the team responsible for executing recruiting strategy and providing full administrative support.
- Bachelor’s or Honours degree from a recognized top‐tier university
- Ideally 2 – 5 years’ work experience, ideally in a marketing/recruiting position in a professional services environment, university or business school, consulting and/or journalism responsibilities or relevant professional experience at a PR agency or Recruitment Firm, in a corporate communications or membership organisation environment.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili
- Experience in managing CRM desired
- Ability and flexibility to work outside ‘normal working hours’ during peak recruiting periods.
- Self-initiative, can-do mentality, proactive, combined with high quality standards
- Team skills and competent and professional dealings with external contacts (media representatives, journalists, etc.) and BCG co-workers
- Strong presence and experience in presenting to and interacting with senior audiences (CXO level)
- Must be able to work independently, handle multiple tasks, and be willing to take initiative.
- Ability to display high level of maturity and professionalism at all times, in internal settings and external events.
- Excellent relationship management skills at all levels: from university students to senior stakeholders such as head of Faculties and senior BCG staff.
- Ability to relate to and form a strong relationship with university students who will be potential candidates.
- Perform effectively under pressure and handle difficult situations with poise, judgment, and tact.
- A high energy level and willingness to take on tough assignments is essential for success in this role
- Team player with the ability to adapt in a changing environment.
- Applicants must have the right to work in Kenya.
Method of Application
To apply, please send through
- Cover Letter outlining motivation and relevant experience for this position,
- V. and
- full academic records (degree certificate and transcript) addressed to Miranda Stobbs to Recruiting@bcg.comby Friday, 20th August 2021.
- Any incomplete applications will be rejected. Please put as the subject of your email ‘Application for Marketing and Recruiting Associate position’.
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements in September 2021. If selected, a start date will be negotiated. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.