Ref. No. LU/AD/1/7/21
The appointment is on a three (3) year contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
Academic / Professional Requirements
- Have Master’s degree in Human Resource
- Have Bachelor’s degree from recognized institution
- Have membership to a relevant Professional Body
- Be computer literacy
- Have exemplary work performance in Human Resources and administration in a public institution preferably in a University set up.
- Candidate must have at least 9 years’ cumulative experience in Human Resource Management and Administration.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In-charge of a section
- Deal with Human Resource matters in the University
- Supervise data processing for administrative planning
- Supervise staff in their section
- Supervise administrative information processing and dissemination.
- Supervise administrative communication with staff/students
- Supervise administrative records management
- Supervise general office services
- Ensure implementation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Taking minutes in departmental meetings and ensure timely implementation of decisions.
- Ensure proper maintenance of records.
- Any other duties assigned by immediate supervisor.
Terms and Conditions of Service
Successful candidate for the position will be offered a competitive remuneration package as below;
- Salary Scale: Kshs.108,714 – Kshs.155,461 per month
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirement of chapter 6 of the constitution of Kenya 2010 and must attach the following.
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation.
- Tax compliance certificate from KRA
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board.
- Clearance certificate from CRB
- Self-declaration clearance certificate from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
Method of Application
Applicants must submit ten (10) copies of applications giving details of age, education and professional qualifications, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicants’ telephone number and email address, and enclose certified copies of certificates and testimonials and give names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicants competence and area of specialization.
Applicants should request their referees to write directly to the undersigned The name and reference number of the position for which the application is made should be clearly marked on the envelope and addressed to:-
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (AF&P)
P.O. Box 1100-20300
So as to reach him not later than Monday 26th July, 2021
N.B. A soft copy of the application letter and C.V. only and No other attachment should be sent by email to email@example.com
Laikipia University is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons living with disabilities and those from minority group are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Laikipia University is ISO 9001:2015 and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Certified