Pay band: 4
Salary: KES 153,983
Alternative locations the role could be based: Kenya
Contract type: Indefinite contract
The Regional People Operations function will handle specific transactional work that requires a significant degree of expertise and country and/or region-specific knowledge (pay and payroll; tax; pensions; onboarding / exiting; mandatory reports; contracts). You will carry out a range of HR operational and payroll tasks within a country or small cluster of countries, ensuring that processes are adhered to effectively and efficiently, working closely with HR Advisory and Shared Services teams within the HR function. They will cover Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Sudan and South Sudan.
Challenges & Accountabilities
This role requires a clear understanding of HR process, service proposition, and policies in order to deliver effectively. You will contribute to the implementation of the new HR Op Model, providing feedback to the relevant HR functions to drive continuous improvement. You will also build and manage key relationship with the People Advisory and SSC functions ensuring a smooth flow of communication. As with any business that experiences peaks and troughs of activity, there is likely to be a need to work outside office hours from time to time.
- Delivers a range of administrative services within agreed HR procedures, to maximise quality, continuity and efficiency
- Maintains accurate HR and payroll records (as applicable) and drafts routine and some non-standard documentation, reports or financial analysis/reconciliations
- Performs straightforward analysis, manipulation and interpretation of data, tasks or information, presenting findings/results accurately and appropriately to support effective maintenance of HRIS and payroll systems
- Notifying employees of their new compensation following the annual review. It may include the generation of letters/statements and the distribution of these to employees alongside their reward conversations.
- Carrying out relevant activities in relation to change to recurring/assignment related allowances in the system. This includes awarding, amending, calculating or ceasing an employee’s allowance entitlement in the system, and notifying them of the change.
- Recognises and understands the impact of incidents arising (e.g. complaints, resourcing problems, logistical or technical difficulties) and proactively alerts the team leader to any issues of concern that are likely to impact service delivery or customer experience.
- Proactively communicates and liaises with others (inside and outside the BC) to ensure effective coordination and delivery of events, services and activities
- Actively builds an established network with internal stakeholders across the wider department, unit or region to enable effective resolution of issues when they arise
- Tasks and coordinates others (e.g. internal colleagues or external contractors/suppliers) to complete time-limited, straightforward activities, within established procedures, in order to ensure efficient delivery of services. Monitors task completion to agreed quality and time standards.
- Provide support to the recruitment hub in the management of recruitment and selection of staff, according to corporate and equal opportunity standards with adherence to local employment laws
- Supporting the recruitment process by ensuring relevant pre-employment checks and onboarding are carried out in accordance with the provisions of local legislations.
- The post holder must have exceptional attention to detail skills, and also experience of running payroll, experience working in HR and using HRIS, and systems knowledge (Excel, Word, Power Point, Payroll and HRIS)
- Experience of running payroll
- Experience working in HR and using HRIS
- Systems knowledge (Excel, Word, Power Point, Payroll and HRIS)
- Exceptional attention to detail
Role Specific Skills
Ability to use and adapt written and verbal communication skills to suit a variety of different audiences
- Experience in an international environment
- Experience of working in a remote team
- Experience of working with HR Shared Services
- Ability to use and adapt written and verbal communication skills to suit a variety of different audiences