REPORTS TO:Branch Manager
The pharmacist is responsible for receiving prescriptions, advising and dispensing drugs to customers in the pharmacy.
Duties and responsibilities
- Dispensing both over the counter drugs and prescription only medicines
- Preparing solutions and compounds as per prescriptions
- Maintain pharmacy inventory by checking stock to determine inventory levels: anticipating needed drugs, placing orders, removing expired drugs on the shelves.
- Maintaining a clean and safe pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
- Ensure medication availability by arranging for delivery of drugs to customers
- Post transactions after sale be it through cash, insurance, credit cards or M-pesa
- Provides pharmacological information by answering customer’s questions and advising on medications
- Maintain proper records of prescriptions, invoices for ease of reference
- Maintain cleanliness in the assigned shelves and work spaces
- Educate customers on proper handling of medical devices such as blood pressure monitors and glucose meters.
- Contribute to Branch success through team work
- Any other duties that may be assigned
- Diploma in pharmaceutical Technology from a reputable institution
- Degree from a reputable institute
- At least 2 year experience in a retail pharmacy set-up
- Registration with Pharmacy and poisons Board- Added advantage
Key result areas
The accountability areas are as follows
- Quality services to all clients
- Ensure prompt efficient services
- Meets sales targets
Skills and attributes
- Customer service oriented
- High integrity and confidentiality
- Team player
- High energy levels
- Quality focus
Qualified candidates within Nairobi and Mombasa are highly encouragd to apply.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.