Reports to: Pharmacy Lead
The internship programme will be for six (6) months renewable once.
The Intern will be trained on the following areas:
- Preparing and dispensing drugs to patients/study participants.
- Verify prescriptions
- Delivering medications and completing necessary documentation as per specific studies, SOPs and good pharmaceutical practice.
- Receive, record, and store medications coming into the pharmacy.
- Maintain stock of prescription medications, clinical items and inform the pharmacy practitioner
Education and Professional training
- C+ and above in KCSE certificate
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology or BPharm from PPB’s recognized institution
- Recently enrolled/registered or in the process of enrollment/registration with PPB
- Knowledgeable on the basic pharmaceutical care principles
- Adherent and knowledgeable on the professional code of ethics (KPA/PSK)
- Satisfactory communication skills (written and spoken)
- Knowledgeable on stocks management
- Demonstrate knowledge of team-based professional skills, roles and responsibilities
- Computer operations skills is key
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application together with their detailed CV to the recruitment officer through e-mail: email@example.com not later
than 11th November 2021. A stipend will be offered.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.