- Coordinates and spearheads a tailored approach to the Group’s performance management cycle and ensures that the group guidelines are consistently applied. This entails review of budget/ monthly & quarterly forecasts to ensure that the business objectives are reflected in the same. Challenge and ensure clear action plans are in place to ensure validity of the planning processes to deliver budget, Performance Improvement Plans & country ambition plans.
- Delivers timely and accurate reports required by the Plant and BU management that are compliant with financial accounting procedures and legal requirements.
- Performs detailed analysis of plant performance reports to ensure consistency of information with other reports e.g. monthly production reports, TIS reports, production planning reports etc, explaining variances of key performance indicators compared to plan and advising management on corrective actions and enable decision making.
- Monitors the robustness of the plant control environment and drive any necessary corrective actions to ensure compliance with group policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the definition and application of a Group “common language” and ensures its implementation within the plant to ensure compliance to group and international accounting standards.
- Reviews and challenges plant investment project requests to ensure financial viability, consistency with BU strategy and plant improvement plans and compliance with group rules. This will also involve the design, operational effectiveness and documentation of the CAPEX management business process.
- Initiates internal and external benchmarking with plants within and outside the business unit in order to identify best practices for implementation at the plant.
- Championing working capital management, in particular inventory control, with close collaboration with plant teams.
Educational Background & Experience
- University degree preferably in a business/ statistics related course.
- A professional qualification with an acknowledged accounting body such as ACCA, CPA or equivalent.
- A minimum of 6 years work experience, 3 of which should have been in a manufacturing setting at a managerial level or level of Team leader/ manager in an audit environment.
- Good computer knowledge, exposure to an ERP environment and advanced reporting tools and good knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
- Excellent project and change management skills
Leadership & Behavioral Skills
- Ability to mobilize people and inspire them towards a common ambition and better results
- Ability to lead by example and foster effective team work
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Good reporting, communication and presentation skills.
- High level of analytical and performance management skills and ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to undertake measurable risks and be able to challenge the status quo.
- Ability to be assertive in decision making while ensuring effective/disciplined execution.
- Must demonstrate courage, integrity, commitment consideration for others in the daily execution of duties.
- The ability to demonstrate support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the organization’s effectiveness.
- Ability to develop, maintain and strengthen partnerships with others inside and outside the organization who can provide information, assistance and support.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.