Reporting to the Business Development & Grants Manager.
The PR &Communications Coordinator will work closely with all departments and sections.**
Purpose of the position
The Public Relations (PR) & Communications Coordinator will work with diverse teams in the organization to create, implement and maintain PR & Communications initiatives in the organization and Coordinate all communications activities internally and externally.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support in coordination of ongoing and upcoming communication campaigns that reach to internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate office activities manage information and facilitate internal and external operations related to PR & Communications using the necessary tools and channels of communication.
- Capture ongoing activities and development for sharing in diverse offline and online publications including the organizations’ digital media channels.
- Responsible for capturing monthly impact stories as well as gathering and updating relevant information for the organizations’ publications.
- Support in media engagement and management
- Designing publications and sporadically editing videos as per budget provisions
- Support in the design and development of program behavior change communication, and information education & communication materials.
- Work hand in hand with all units in the organization to ensure communication procedures are well adhered to.
- Effectively communicate Feed the Children Brand to internal and external audiences and ensure staff adhere to brand guidelines.
- Generate high-quality content for use in marketing purposes
- Perform any other duties that contribute to the organizations growth in creating a world where no child goes to bed hungry
- Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or similar field.
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience in PR & Communications (preferably in the non-profit sector).
- Fully conversant with ICT and office applications with practical experience in graphic design and video editing.
Relevant Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, with ability to adapt style to suit different audiences.
- Excellent Photography, graphic design and video editing skills.
- Creative and innovative approach to communications and branding.
- Up-to-date on new opportunities for the not-for-profit sector.
- Excellent collaboration, team work and interpersonal skills.
- Good events organizing capabilities.
- Creative innovative and ability to take initiative.
- Ability to work well in a multicultural environment across different geographical locations.
- Should have good Knowledge and understanding of Children-related policies and rights.
- Should possess Creative and storytelling skills of communication
- Membership with relevant PR &Communication bodies will be important.
Method of Application
If you meet the requirements mentioned above please send your application and detailed CV to HR-Kenya@feedthechildren.org or to Hrassistantfirstname.lastname@example.org to reach us by latest 25th August 2021, shortlisted applicants will be contacted.