Report Directly to: Human Resources & Operations Manager
Collaborate with: Country staff and Partners and all Helen Keller Intl staff regional and HQ teams.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing procurement strategies that are inventive and cost-effective.
- Sourcing and engaging reliable suppliers and vendors.
- Pre-qualification of suppliers as provided in the procurement policy.
- Compliance with the procurement procedures as per the Helen Keller Intl and donor policies
- Spear heads the constitution of the procurement committees and the Terms of Reference.
- Creates purchase orders, ensuring relevant procurement procedures have been applied and all supporting documentation is attached.
- Ensuring all invoices received reconcile to the purchase orders accompanied by corresponding receipts.
- Negotiating with suppliers and suppliers to secure advantageous terms.
- Reviewing existing contracts with suppliers and service providers to ensure on-going feasibility.
- Ensuring the quality, relevance and conformity of all service provider contracts and administrative documents before they are signed.
- Coordinate the process of purchasing products or services and organising and confirming delivery of goods and services.
- Prepare the calls for tender and participate in the identification of the shortlist.
- Prepare the letter of invitation and draw up the contract or aim for orders.
- Management of the procurement budget
- Preparing procurement reports.
- Ensure that HKI operates in accordance with HKI’s and donor procurement policies, rules and regulations.
- Actively participate in the proposal and budget development process to ensure the development of procurement plans and subsequent work plans.
- Prepare annual procurement plans with quarterly and updates for procurements needed for the office and programs.
- Develop supplier and service provider database that meets the criteria-efficiency, effectiveness, quality, competitiveness and value for money.
- Develop delivery contracts, framework contracts and purchase orders in line with HKI contractual guidelines.
- Ensure documentation of the procurement process both electronic and manual filing systems in compliance with the Helen Keller Intl procurement manual procedures.
- Logistics and Administration
- Coordinate logistics and protocol of all missions
- Supervise the management and maintenance of the logistics of Helen Keller Intl (Real Estate, Furniture, Vehicles, Motorcycles, etc …)
- Manage the movement plans to ensure adherence of staff to the procedures and the facilitation of staff movement (by road and flights)
- Allow petty cash expenses for the office administration.
- Liaises with IT departments to ensure proper server usage and maintenance of staff laptops and the internet connectivity.
- Coordinate staff and office security
- In collaboration with the HR and Operations Manager, manage Kenya Visa, alien cards, and Work Permits for International staff; Ensure timely submission and follow-up as needed.
- Maintain a records management system meets Helen Keller Intl /donor requirements for records and archiving, and requires regular archiving of documents at secure locations (i.e., access security and security against records damage due to climate conditions);
- Work closely with the NGO board to ensure that the county office compliance.
- Asset Management
- Develop and manage appropriate physical inventory count procedures for the Nairobi office and field offices.
- Develop and manage procedures for the disposal of fixed assets to ensure appropriate levels and control over eventual sales values and donations.
- Enforce the systems, policies and procedures for the management of the organisation assets in the field offices as well as the Nairobi office.
- Maintain and update Asset inventory on a bi-annual basis and submit report to HQ.
- Motor Vehicle Management
- Ensure that all official vehicle documentation is current and available in the vehicles.
- Maintain a record for each vehicle.
- Analyse logbooks and fuel consumption. Report any anomalies.
- Perform any other task to contribute to the smooth running of the organization.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
- In-depth knowledge of the procurement procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Work experience in an international NGO in a similar position for at least three years
Required Skills and Competencies
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task and prioritize among competing demands.
- A good team player with strong interpersonal skills, outgoing personality and ability to work independently and effectively under pressure and on strict deadlines in a multi-cultural setting.
- Knowledge of USAID procurement regulations.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to KRecruitment@hki.org stating the job title in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled