Reporting To: Support Service Coordinator
Base Location: Nairobi Kenya. but will support Wajir, Mandera, Moyale, Garissa and Kilifi
Duration: 6 Months (Till December 2021).
The Procurement Interns will work under the Support Services Coordinator (SSC) at a country level, to support and assist the SSC in management procurement documentations archiving, maintain effective electronic filling system across the IRK, support procurement team in facilitation of supplier / service providers payment process.
Provide administrative support during the bid opening including not limited to printing, scanning of bid documents and among other responsibilities.
Tasked with the overall responsibilities of scanning, archiving of the procurement documentations on bi-weekly basis, and storing the scanned documents in the department external hard drive. The soft archiving system should be classified as;
- Projects / Programmes
- Tasked with the overall responsibilities of hardcopies archiving of the procurement documentations on bi-weekly basis, and storing the documents in the department metallic and wooden cupboards. The hardcopies archiving system should be classified as;
- Projects / Programmes
- Categories (Goods/services/works/consultancies).
- Compile payment documents for onward submission to the finance department for the payment facilitations.
- Track and provide regular updates to the SCC on status of supplier payments.
- Issuing of bids and recording the bidders list in the bid issuing registration form
- Receiving the bids and recording the bidders in the bid submission receipt form
- Support SSC in Implementation of approved procurement plans
- Support SSC in the Bi-weekly procurement tracker
- Support SSC in tracking the contracts tracking record
- Inspecting the goods and ensuring compliance to the 3-way-matching
- Filing of various procurement documents including but not limited to the quotations, minutes, BERs, Analysis, contracts and among others
- Support SSC in getting rid of the junkies/obsolete items in the office (disposals).
- Taking minutes of departmental meetings as well as the minutes of the bid opening sessions.
- Support the SSC in undertaking the due diligence prior to the contract awarding
- Support SSC in the market assessment exercise and attend the administrative responsibilities associated with this exercise.
- Participate in the bi-weekly department planning meetings
- Any other duties assigned by the SSC.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or related field, or significant relevant experience that shows an ability to critically analyse and apply information in management and work situations at a similar level.
- Flexibility to spend significant time in the field.
- Good skills in electronic archiving system
Method of Application
Please send us your cover letter and detailed CV, including your qualifications, experience, names and addresses of three referees, a working e-mail address and daytime telephone contacts. The forwarding e-mail and cover letter must clearly indicate the position title on the subject line. Send your application to Recruitment.firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 23rd July, 2021.
Please note,if you applied for the role previously, you do not have to apply again, we will consider the application previously submitted.