Our client in the construction Industry is looking to hire a Procurement Officer.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing the purchasing and tendering activities and ensure that purchased items are both cost-efficient and of high quality. The candidate is also responsible for maintaining positive supplier relations, evaluating supply options, approving purchases, and maintaining accurate records.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options
- Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services, and supplies
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts
- Ensure that the products and supplies are high quality
- Maintain and update a list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development.
- Prepare tender/RFQ Proposals by overseeing all aspects of proposal preparation, ensuring quality, and compelling bids are submitted in a timely manner.
- Oversee the tender/RFQ proposal submission process for formatting, completeness, consistency, and compliance including monitoring all related liabilities and third party contracts.
- Reviewing all customer requirements to ensure that they are met in the proposal and collaborate with a wide variety of involved parties to include all necessary information within the proposals.
- Managing databases by organizing and tracking bid submissions and responses, updating the databases regularly and setting up customer profiles in appropriate databases and maintain customer information.
- Prepare reports.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement or any relevant field.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- 4 years’ experience in a similar role
- Exposure to Online tendering and ERP system is a must
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Execellent Interpersonal skills and presentation abilities
All applications should be done on or before close of business 12th Aug 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: using the position as subject of email.