We’re looking for a motivated and adaptive professional to join the growing Talent Team. As a Project Associate, you will work collaboratively with various stakeholders, playing a critical role in ensuring we attract, hire and retain the best employees, while growing a strong talent pipeline. This position will be based in any of our East Africa offices, and is open to nationals of these countries.
- Implement creative recruiting strategies to reach prospective applicants.
- Implement key recruiting processes for high-level global and new country hires
- Liaising and maintaining relationships with recruitment channel partners including developing partnership agreements and monitoring performance of these channels.
- Ensure a positive candidate experience for all applicants by responding to enquiries from prospective applicants timely and professionally.
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
- Build and follow robust screening and interview techniques to give memorable interview experience to the candidates.
Build Candidate Pipeline
- Build networks for best-in-class talent sourcing and internal pipelines for several key functions.
- Implement new strategies to further develop the Educate! Brand to prospective applicants.
Implement new technologies
- Support in the implementation and management of recruiting systems
- Influence hiring managers so they adhere to recruiting processes 98% of the time
- Leverage data to develop insights
Country-Specific Recruiting Team Support
- Support our in-country teams in Rwanda, Kenya and Uganda with recruiting needs as they arise.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
- Attention to detail, organizational and prioritization skills
- Skills in database management and record keeping
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and handle a high volume of requests in an effective and timely manner
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and email/internet
- Exceptional judgment in maintaining confidentiality of employee and candidate information
- Background in HR Preferred
- Fits our Five Cultural Tenets (see What is Educate! About? below); Learn more by looking at Educate!’s culture deck here
- Compensation will be competitive for the social enterprise sector and commensurate with experience.
Why You Will Brag About Working At Educate!
- We’ve got the impact.
- Educate! is designed for scale. We quadrupled operations in 2014, going from 54 to more than 200 schools served. We carefully measure our outcomes, and — here’s the best part — we are maintaining quality at four times the size.
- We believe in local leadership — 96% of our staff is African.
- Our model has gone nationwide in Uganda — Educate!’s model is now incorporated into the national curriculum and exams, impacting many thousands more students than we can reach directly.
- Educate is a well-oiled learning machine. We built our model by methodically testing hundreds of assumptions and we are constantly experimenting, evaluating, and improving.
- We’re honored that luminaries and leaders like Oliver Wonekha, the Ugandan Ambassador to the US, and Ann Veneman, a former Secretary of Agriculture and head of Unicef, believe in us enough to have joined our advisory board.