We are seeking an experienced and professional Migration & Displacement (Pillar 1) Project Lead (PL) to join its team for a full-time position based in our Nairobi office. Samuel Hall’s Migration & Displacement Pillar covers a wide range of topics on durable solutions, return and reintegration, migration and development, cross-border mobility, trafficking in persons, smuggling, aspirations and migrant ecosystems, internal displacement and IDPs, and refugee protection. The PL is in charge of the timely delivery of the research project(s) they manage and of all the associated organisational responsibilities. Their role is essential to the effective operationalising of a research project and ensures clear leadership to the various team-members involved. The Project Lead is also Samuel Hall’s focal point with the client and ensures a smooth and considerate relationship throughout the duration of the research. The position will require travel to Samuel Hall countries of operation and for fieldwork. The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya in the longer term; may be initially remote due to COVID 19 lockdowns.
**We work in a fast-paced, demanding, and challenging environment – you will be expected to grow with us and carve out your own spot in the team. We look for proactive, creative individuals who find opportunities to make their mark and identify solutions to problems. We look for strong leaders and reliable team-players who can add value from the very start, expand our knowledge and help us to maximise our social impact.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Objective 1 – Team Management and Coordination
- Enact the timeline implementation and execution of the RM’s vision for the project.
- Head all research and internal communications processes.
- Accountable of all project finances, reporting, liaison with finance and admin teams
- Hold weekly coordination meetings with other PLs.
- Source and manage project team members both in office and field locations.
- Train national and international teams, and proactively self-train to address identified skills gap.
- Monitor and evaluate the work of team members and project components.
- Produce, review and approve key project documents in coordination with the area coordinators and admin/finance.
- Oversee fieldwork authorisations processes under the responsibility of the area coordinators.
- Coordinate activities with relevant partners
- Responsible for timely submission of deliverables and timely invoicing
- Objective 2 – Client Management and Communications
- Manage day-to-day client requests and all day-to-day internal/external interfacing for the project.
- Manage the access of other colleagues to the client.
- Prepare and lead presentations for stakeholders (internal and external)
- Maintain and coordinate an efficient system of data sharing and data uploads of all project-related data.
- Report weekly or bi-weekly to the RM on all aspects of the project and to clients and partners on a weekly basis
- Present internal project findings to all staff in various formats
- Objective 3 – Research
- Lead Research and Planning Teams (RPT)
- Manage mixed methods fieldworks in multiple countries.
- Produce the design of research tools, research methodologies and outputs as requested by the RM.
- Manage, train and task research assistants and area coordinators.
- Execute the quality and timeliness of the collected data.
- Design the data collection, in particular qualitative, and fieldwork as agreed with the RM.
- Contribute to analysis, report writing, and dissemination as agreed with the RM.
Please visit the following link:
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5cfe2c8927234e0001688343/t/60ed352af9a98d6db3aaf67e/1626158379370/Vacancy+Announcement+-+Project+Lead+Pillar+1+-+July+2021.pdf to access the full job description
Method of Application
All applicants should send their cover letter and CV in separate PDF files to firstname.lastname@example.org; each labelled: “CL/CV – Full name of Applicant” with the email subject line clearly expressed: ” Name – Project Lead – Migration and Displacement Pillar”. Three samples of relevant work and three references should also be included. Please provide current or previous salary information.