Reporting to the Customer Systems Delivery Manager, the ideal candidate will be required to work closely with Business Analyst(s), business process owners and contractors (vendor) to manage end to end delivery of customer facing systems, lead change management, budget tracking and track benefits accrued from systems automation.
- Accountable for the success of technology projects under customer systems delivery section.
- Responsible for successful planning, delivery and implementation of technology projects.
- Accountable for project budget management.
- Responsible for setting scope, schedule and cost baseline in partnerships and agreements.
- Manage scope creep through internal change process, ensure changes in cost, schedule and cost are approved.
- Use the most appropriate delivery methodology to ensure the project is delivered on time, in full scope, budget and strategic expectation.
- Track and report weekly on percent complete, budget overrun, slippage, project effort and duration to complete.
- Define and manage responsibilities within the project.
- Identify and point ownership of risks, issues, dependencies and their escalations.
- Manage change and communication for each project to ensure return on investment.
- Responsible for all project documentation (Project Initiation document; business case and all other project documents as per the methodology).
Knowledge, Skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or any other related field from a recognized university.
- Project Management Certification.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in project management.
- Demonstrable experience in change management and effectiveness in work planning and coordination.
- Demonstrable experience in leading and managing complex projects that are strategic in nature and international in scope.
- Excellent knowledge of project management tools.
- Demonstrable ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Excellent organization skills with demonstrable ability to execute projects on time and on budget.
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting information, statistics and financial accounts.
- Ability to understand business constraints & drivers and adapt strategies to address them.
- Thorough understanding of industry practices, standards and their impact on project activities.
- Sound ability to prioritize, time-manage and fast in decision-making.
- Ability to handle pressure and difficult situations with resilience, calmly and effectively.
- Customer focused
- Teamwork/Team player
- Result Oriented.
- Problem Solving Skills.
Method of Application
If you fit the profile, then apply today! Please submit your application letter and a detailed Curriculum Vitae quoting the position in the subject of your email to email@example.com.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Airways is an equal opportunity employer.