Reporting to the Program Coordinator, The County Project Officer is responsible for day to day project management and reporting, budgeting, collaboration with stakeholders, project beneficiaries to ensure effective and timely project implementation.
S/he will collect data and produce all narrative reports. S/he will create and maintain relationships with local authorities and other key stakeholders and report to the project coordinator
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Overall coordination, management and implementation of the Gender Based Violence (GBV) activities in Kilifi County.
- Provide professional and confidential services to survivors of GBV during the COVID 19 pandemic period, grounded in the CREAW’s holistic, survivor-centered case management approach.
- Provide oversight for the project implementation on the project goal, objectives and activities.
- Participate in the development of professional, effective and appropriate Gender based violence (GBV) prevention and response activities during the COVID 19 pandemic period.
- Provide training, mentorship, and other technical support to outreach workers and service providers directly involved with the implementation of CREAW’s GBV Programme/s.
- Strengthen and maintain networks with community leaders, duty bearers, groups and service providers to ensure that survivors receive compassionate support from the community and to encourage greater communication, collaboration and coordination among partners (protection, health, legal, and psychosocial sectors).
- Conducting virtual and or physical response-related trainings to key community stakeholders to promote quality service provision.
- Develop work plans to guide implementation of the project activities.
- Develop monitoring tools for data collection and reporting on the indicators and ensure proper monitoring of the project.
- Design and produce a range of Information, Education and Communication materials to support awareness raising, advocacy and campaign activities.
- Regularly collect and document human stories that show transformative change.
- Manage and track project budgets in adherence to donor and organizational rules and policies.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports of all project activities and expenditures.
- Represent CREAW in meetings and forums with partners and other stakeholders.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel, work long and irregular hours, including occasional weekends and holidays.
- Undertake full operational responsibility over CREAW’s assets in Kilifi.
- Education: Degree in Social Sciences, Gender and development studies or other relevant discipline coupled.
At least 3 years’ experience of direct social work experience with a reputable agency and experience working with survivors of gender based Violence is required.
- Excellent written, verbal English and presentation/communication skills.
- Demonstrable ability to develop monthly project reports in a timely manner.
- Must exhibit an understanding of feminist approaches and principles.
- Experience in using collaborative, consensus based approaches to build local partner skills and knowledge, provide training and foster effective and participatory decision making.
- Demonstrated strong coordination, teamwork and planning skills.
- Exhibit a clear understanding of gender, abuse of power, and issues surrounding Gender based violence.
- Able to maintain confidentiality, medical ethics and respect for clients at all times.
- Experience in participatory techniques and community mobilization.
- Able to lead, train, supervise, facilitate and motivate GBV outreach workers in their respective tasks in a professional, respectful and supportive manner.
- Positive, highly motivated, innovative, with strong organizational and inter-personal skills.
- Able to coordinate multiple tasks while maintaining attention to quality and detail.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Strong computer (word processing) literacy and able to use Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Able to work under minimum supervision;
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili, including writing clear and concise reports.
- Experience with organizing, facilitating or conducting community activities including community trainings, focused group discussions, support groups, surveys and group activities.
- Knowledge and understanding of programmatic reporting
- Problem Solving and demonstrable tact of Good judgement
- Candidates with a good understanding of Kilifi and other adjacent regions will have an added advantage.
- People Skills: Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- Integrity: Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to CREAW’s core values.
- Resilience/adaptability and flexibility: Ability to operate effectively under difficult circumstances and to interact effectively with a geographically dispersed multicultural team.
- This position may evolve with the incorporation of new responsibilities and tasks as per changing organizational needs.
Method of Application
All interested candidates to apply through firstname.lastname@example.org by the 16th of July 2021. Only selected candidates will be contacted.