We are looking for a Public Relations intern to join our company. In this role, you will be working closely with the lead consultant and assisting with the writing of media releases, minute taking, scheduling PR events, conducting research, media relations and much more.
To be a successful PR intern, you must be a confident public speaker and have basic skills in copywriting and social media marketing. Ultimately, an outstanding PR intern should be able to build relationships with the media and external suppliers while constantly looking for ways to boost the company’s corporate image.
Public Relations Intern Responsibilities:
- Creating engaging content for media releases and social media platforms.
- Updating and maintaining the company’s social media pages.
- Building relationships with clients and potential clients, suppliers, and the media.
- Providing assistance to the lead consultant with the scheduling and organizing of events.
- Giving input and participating on communications proposals development, PR activities and suggesting creative ways to improve on them.
- Conducting research to assist in various PR activities such as; proposals, social media content development etc.
- Monitoring of media coverage on events and media releases that were issued and creating press clippings and collating media coverage reports.
- Updating media lists.
- Performing administrative duties.
Public Relations Intern Requirements:
- BA degree in public relations, communication or journalism.
- Excellent understanding of various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Efficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Confident speaker able to comfortably engage with media, clients and suppliers.
- Good research and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of copywriting and editing.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.