KEY PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain the following records: –
- Recovery register for motor, non-motor, and medical claims
- Discharge vouchers register
- Incoming cheques register both from advocates and in house settlements
- Ensure that all matters that are recoverable are not time-barred.
- Registration and pursuit of all third-party recoveries with insurance companies, advocates, and any other debtors owing to the company.
- Maintain and update proper records of the company’s recoveries and expected recoveries from other Insurance Companies for motor, non-motor, and medical claims.
- Ensure that initial demand has been sent out on all recovery matters and that all recovery files are up to date.
- Issuing hearing Notices to the various witnesses
- Reply to all third party demand letters and process the genuine claims
- Negotiating all Recovery claims with third-party Advocates where suits have been filed or demand letters received.
- Quantify and document the company’s recovery claims paid to the third parties and other insurance companies within a reasonable time.
- Promptly deal with third-party claims that fall under Knock for Knock for purposes of cost-cutting on the claim.
- Appoint tracers to investigate legal/beneficial ownership of third-party vehicles, economic status, and physical addresses for purposes of pursuing recovery through court.
- Liaising with external advocates & service providers with regard to attendance and production of evidence in court.
- Meet the set recovery target each month and deal with general correspondence on recovery matters.
- Drafting legal opinions on settlement proposals on matters in court, swapping and knock for knock.
- Process claim payment to the third party claimants and the advocates
- Attend court to produce claim documents when required and pursue witness statements from the insured and all other relevant witnesses.
- Providing reports on recoveries to the Legal Manager.
- Work in the claims department on other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Law
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Good questioning, negotiating and influencing & communication skills ® Have own initiative and use the corporate claims philosophy effectively
- Have the experience to know when it’s best to deal with a matter on a compromise basis or when a defense is more likely to be successful
- Ability to make decisions quickly and confidently.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications (Ms. Excel, Word, Power-point, Outlook)
- In-depth knowledge of internal systems (Turn-quest)
- Team player with high customer awareness skills
Any professional qualification will be an added advantage
At least 1 – year relevant experience in the Insurance industry.
Method of Application
Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org