Reports to: Principal Investigator
Duration: 6 months
Research Scientist – KMR 6 (Short Contract)
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the implementation of project activities
- Assist with project field surveys and carrying out laboratory assays
- Support the maintenance of basic analytical equipment such as HPLC, UV/Vis Spectrophotometer
- Prepare and afford monthly research project draft progress reports
- Be available for meetings to discuss with the Principal Investigator the project progress of the analysis;
- Assist with development of data capture tool, data entry and data analysis of project results
- Provide support in manuscript writing
- Contribute to drafting of the final report on the key findings from the study
- Bachelor’s Degree in Analytical Chemistry or equivalent from a recognized University,
- Must be familiarity with basic analytical chemistry equipment,
- Must be conversant with Pharmaceutical Drug analysis.
- Proficiency in computer application
- Basic knowledge in statistics will be an added advantage
Applications MUST include the following:
- Letter of Application,
- Current Curriculum Vitae with mobile phone number and e-mail address,
- Name and phone number for two professional referees,
- Academic Certificates,
- A copy of National Identity card or passport,
- Certificate of Good Conduct
Terms of Engagement:
Appointment will be for a period of Six (6) months and the salary is negotiable.
- The project WILL NOT offer employment after the completion of the contract.
- Successful person will be expected to take up a personal accident cover and medical Insurance cover; and
- INCOMPLETE applications will not be considered.
Method of Application
All applications should be done through email: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 2nd August, 2021.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted