DHL Global Forwarding, Freight (DGFF) is the Group’s air, ocean, and road freight specialist.
We offer standardized transport as well as highly specialized end-to-end solutions to customers in a wide range of industries globally.
Connecting People. Improving Lives.
Currently, we are looking for an ambitious and energetic Road Freight Manager (Saloodo) – Ethiopia to develop and grow the road freight forwarding business in support of the company’s business and growth plans.
Are you interested to Identify new opportunities to grow and expand the customer base, actively engage with customers to develop our business?
If this sounds like something you would like to do, please read on.
- Take full ownership of and drive all our road freight activities in Ethiopia leveraging our unique digital Saloodo! Platform
- Develop plans to grow the road freight business in Ethiopia in a profitable manner and constantly monitor progress
- Oversee, develop and manage all road freight operations
- Identifying new opportunities to grow and expand the customer base, actively engage with customers to develop our business
- Ensures that Saloodo! Provides consistent customer experience to carriers & shippers – considering local requirements as needed
- Actively manage key stakeholders on various levels – Country Management, regional management, own team, shippers & carriers to drive the success of the Saloodo! Platform
- Manage country teams who perform day to day responsibilities such as customer service, incident management or carrier review meetings
- Analyse daily, weekly and monthly development of key KPIs
- Establish regular carrier meetings and ensures that these are conducted for all key carriers
- Ensure compliance with company/ local statutory obligations and legislation related to safety, health, security environment & quality.
Skills / Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will be reporting into the Country Manager Ethiopia and will ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- At least 7 years of operational Road freight experience Management & leadership experience, ability to manage in a matrix setup
- Interest in digital solutions
- Self-reflecting and open to feedback
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results
- Role model of integrity and pride for all employees
- Proven leadership attitude and background
- Opportunities in a global company where you can contribute your ideas and skills to move towards our shared goals.
- Possibility to lead and manage team & further career development
- Flexible working hours with the possibility of occasionally working from home upon agreement
- Competitive salary