Sector: Protection and rule of law
Open to Expatriates: No
With technical support from the Safe Programming Assistant, the Safe Programming Intern will assist implementation of IRC’s protection interventions including client feedback mechanisms, data collections and staff trainings in Hagadera refugee camp.
- Participate in the design, planning, execution, and monitoring of Protection sector activities.
- With the assistance of the Safe Programming Assistant, organize and deliver sensitization and awareness sessions on protection focusing on rights, entitlements, available services and channels for reporting complaints and feedback.
- Monitor the concerns of clients accessing IRC services and highlight the specific needs of men, boys, women, and girls.
- Help in developing assessment tools in collaboration with Monitoring and Evaluation team
- Participate/conduct assessments (baseline, end line), data analysis and reporting.
- Collect feedback from various channels such as help desk, community leaders’ meetings, email and focus group discussions and ensure data is stored safely.
- Update the client feedback registry and classify the complaints and feedback.
- Contribute to writing reports emanating from internal assessments and client feedback registry.
- Support management of help desk staff, providing leadership, training, and guidance to ensure effective delivery of services.
- Contribute to development of regular activity/internal and donor reports on grant activities, indicators, and achievements.
- Help in design and development of Information education and communication materials for client feedback mechanisms.
- Update records of all protection activities
Partnerships and Coordination
- Participate in IRC protection related meetings with government and other stake holders.
- Foster linkages and support referrals with service providers for the referral of clients.
- Liaise directly with communities, local institutions, and local partners on protection issues to ensure coordination and effective implementation of activities.
- Carry out any other relevant duties as delegated to by the supervisor.
Key Result Areas
- Overall supervision and co-ordination of sanitation workers and other casual workers within the hospital to ensure adequate coverage and quality of work.
- Follow up PRs renovations and repairs with relevant departments.
- Ensure adequate supplys for distribution through timely store release.
- Diploma in Community development, Public Relations.
- Added advantage – University Degree in Law, International Relations, Political/Social Sciences, Development Studies, Community Development or related field is an added advantage.
Required Experience & Competencies:
- Knowledge of protection principles, norms, and practices
- Work experience with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) on refugee rights, human rights, peace building and/or governance.
- Experience working with forced migrants (refugees, IDPs), vulnerable communities, conducting outreaches/awareness, referrals, assessments.
Proven skills and competencies:
- Basic computer skills (Ms Office – word, excel, power point), report writing, training, community engagement, program monitoring.
- Ability to communicate well in spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
- Speaking local language is an added advantage.