Responsible for the sale of all the company’s products and their promotion mainly in Busia and Kakamega counties. Handle customers’ needs and complaints, and follow up on collection. Advise farmers and other clients on agricultural updates by using acquired knowledge to solve problems. Create and maintain a strong link and interface between the farmers and the distribution channel.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Promote and prescribe coffee and other products to farmers, retailers, and dealers periodically and based on a weekly schedule.
- Coordinate daily with customers/farmers/dealers/end users to ensure delivery of effective quality service. Resolve customers ‘complaints.
- Arrange and follow up the demo trials at the growers’ level and give the results and feedback.
- Keep the distributors constantly aware and informed about the company’s products, especially the new products, and distributing brochures.
- Bring in new and valuable customers and accounts.
- Gather information about competitors for competition & marketing analysis.
- Field training for interns or seasonal promoters.
- Control customers’ accounts with attention to the essential credit limit, sales, and cash flow criteria.
- Coordinate with customers to complete the Sales Order Form (LPO- Local Purchase Order)
- Check on availability of stock with concerned.
- Follow up on collections of dues from customers
Key competencies/ skills and Experiences:
- EDUCATION: BS in Agriculture Engineering
- 0 – 5 years’ sales experience in the Agricultural field, 3 years out of which should be in selling coffee.
- General agricultural knowledge in crop production & protection, pesticides and seeds, irrigation materials, and public health products.
- Computer literate