Key Roles and Responsibilities will include:
Project Planning and Execution
- Identifying all entrepreneur needs, priorities and pain points.
- Planning and implementing entrepreneur projects across the areas of finance, sales and marketing, operations, investor readiness and HR to help entrepreneurs harness opportunities, structure their businesses more effectively and catalyse growth.
- Supporting the facilitation of events, trainings, workshops and other events for Ongoza entrepreneurs.
Process Design and Improvement
- Providing and implementing recommendations that can improve the effectiveness of the Business Development Service team
- Supporting client recruitment efforts in liaison with the Business Development Service Lead
Data Analysis and Learning:
- Maintaining all entrepreneur files and records and collecting data as needed for Ongoza’s data and learning team.
- Providing data analysis reports through evaluating project results and analysing business success.
This role may include other tasks appropriate to the job as allocated from time to time.
Required skills/ experience/ education
- 3+ experience working as a Growth Advisor in a related industry, with a relevant university or graduate degree.
- Work experience with entrepreneurs and early-stage businesses highly preferred.
- CPA(K) or equivalent qualification.
- Excellent business knowledge and judgement.
- Advanced knowledge of business operations and strategic planning.
- Proficiency in preparing and analysing budgets and financial reports.
- Extensive knowledge of sales & marketing strategies and branding.
- Experience in project management and implementing best industry practices.
- Exceptional ability to identify future business opportunities and mitigate risks.
- Competence in integrated project management systems like Zoho.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills towards efficiently communicating new business processes and procedures.
- Growth mindset and an understanding of the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Kenya
The Ongoza Way
We base our work and internal culture on four fundamental values and take them very seriously. If these resonate well with you, you will fit well at Ongoza!
- Act Together: We are open and inclusive. We prize ideas over hierarchy, value differences, and proactively support each other to achieve team goals.
- Improve Always: We actively seek and implement quick feedback for learning, innovation, and improvement in what we do and how we do it. We evolve based on data, our experience, customer feedback, research, and industry trends.
- Don’t Solve the Same Problem Twice: We proactively communicate problems and build structures to address them in a consistent, systematic way.
- Demand Excellence: We consistently go above and beyond expectations to deliver the highest quality and professionalism in everything we do.
Method of Application
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Application for the role of Junior Growth Partner“. The screening process will include interviews and a case study to give you a better understanding of Ongoza and the position. Applications are on a rolling basis. This call for application will close on July 12th, 2021, at 5 p.m. EAT