SALES & MARKETING EXECUTIVE
Reporting to: Group Sales & Marketing Director
Salary: Kshs. 35,000 – Ksh. 50,000/-
Alliance Resorts is seeking to recruit a tech / media savvy Sales & Marketing Executive to provide sales solutions for 2 of its Hotels- Safari Beach Hotel-Diani, and Naro Moru River Lodge- Nyeri.
The Sales & Marketing Executive promotes the image, products and services of the hotels to prospective individual, group or corporate clients. Their focus is to follow up on leads, converting them to sales, thus providing increased client portfolio and revenue growth for the hotels.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities (includes but not limited to)
- Continuously updates their knowledge on hotel products/ services, events calendar and tariffs.
- Generate & grow client portfolio and achieve or surpass budgeted sales targets.
- Maintain and update client database.
- Identify new sales opportunities within existing accounts by up-selling and cross-selling.
- Conduct routine client sales surveys to identify client needs, marketing opportunities/ strategies to implement, preferred products/ services and areas for product development.
- Make sales visits/calls to prospective as well as existing clients.
- To complete a daily/weekly log of all activities.
- Offer and present realistic, well researched and cost factored, tailor made proposals to clients.
- Identify and apply for advertised tenders for hospitality services in an expeditious manner.
- Seek out networking opportunities with industry players for business growth and marketing opportunities.
- Take part in hospitality trade fairs, exhibitions, outdoor marketing promotions and events to show case hotel products/services.
- Monitor emerging trends in the hospitality markets and advices implementation of appropriate sales strategies.
- Run social media advertising and marketing promotions to boost hotel occupancies
- To relay confirmed bookings to the operational team via accurate event orders.
- To liaise closely with operational staff on all details for a prospective new contract and gain their agreement on all details.
- To constantly monitor and be aware of competitor activity.
- Monitors client reviews on company websites, affiliated service providers, hotel booking sites, travel review sites and prepares approved responses.
- To constantly be aware of new business opportunities and action these.
- Monitor sales and prepare sales reports for presentation to the Board of directors.
Qualifications and Prerequisites
- Degree or Diploma in Sales and Marketing, or business related field from a reputable institution.
- Previous experience working in the hotel industry or a travel agency will be an added advantage
- Over 3 years proven practical experience in hospitality sales with evidence of working local and regional networks
- Outstanding sales ability with proven achievement of revenue generation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate and impressive practical knowledge of online marketing tools and social media platforms.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Self-driven and demonstrated ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Exceptional networking skills.
- Must have a good understanding of outdoor industry and markets.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.